Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EU to PAY Britain millions (subsidy) for 8.33 migration (merged)

The UK CAA has published an application form for the subsidy here

Criteria are here [ local copy ]

G-reg aircraft only so e.g. UK based N-regs can’t claim.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Airborne_Again wrote:

Do you (and other brits on this forum) believe that there are people who are actually willing and able to manage the brexit? The impression I’ve got is that the leave people have no idea what to do and the remain people don’t want to (obviously).

I’m an ex-pat and I believe Britain will do just fine. The truth of the matter is – my personal views – that the EU has royally stuffed themselves by their stance pre-brexit because if they, post Brexit, now give Britain a bad deal, then Britain would be within their rights to just shove two fingers up to the EU, refuse to contribute anything else and trade with whomever they wanted. This would then damaging the German, Italian and French industries – taking the automotive sector, more than 20% of German built cars go to UK. If the EU decides to impose tariffs on the services / goods that the UK exports, then the UK can just reciprocally apply tariffs to EU imports. As Britain imports more than it exports, the impact is less for the British economy.

On the other hand, if the EU gives Britain a good deal, other net paying countries will no doubt begin to ask: ‘hey, why can’t we have such a deal?’ My net view is that the EU was being extremely short sighted when they told Cameron ‘take it or leave it, there will be no negotiation about freedom of movement’; instead they should have offered something like:

‘any Citizen of an EU country who is claiming benefits in another member country will have his benefits paid for in their entirety by that person’s home nation. Should the home nation refuse to do, the nation where this citizen is now resident is under no obligations to provide that person any support but can have him removed to his country of origin, at the expense of his home nation.’

No restriction on freedom of movement to those who work but it would stop benefits tourism, which a lot of people wanted stopping.

Yes, the City might be impacted but in reality I doubt the EU combined has the competences to take over what the City has been offering for decades. At the moment, what I see is the UK government lining up their ducks, ready to sign trade deals as soon as they can. What I also see is the arrogance of the EU elite, refusing to accept that, sooner rather than later, they will be faced with a massive deficit in their budget. Additionally, I think their intransigence towards Greece will come home to haunt them.

As to your comments ‘the impression I’ve got is that the leave people have no idea what to do’ – who in their right mind would go into a negotiation showing your cards before hand? It’s like playing poker with your cards open for everyone else able to view them. No, I don’t believe people have no idea. They are playing a canny game by ensuring the table is stacked in their odds….

Sorry about off topic, anybody got any news if German registered aircraft can qualify? (phew, back on topic )

Last Edited by Steve6443 at 14 Feb 14:30
EDL*, Germany

There is a post here containing more details of how to make the claim.

Administrator

It seems that it’s not just the UK that is going to get these refunds.

According to here refunds will be for other countries too.

The National Microlight Association of Ireland (NMAI) is delighted to announce a refund scheme for General Aviation radio upgrades. A consortium led by IAOPA Europe and aviation consultants Helios has applied for EU funds to offset the cost of upgrading equipment to meet new rules on 8.33kHz channel spacing – and they are calling on General Aviation (GA) users and aerodromes to pre-register now to obtain refunds, where applicable. The NMAI is the lead association for Ireland.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

It has just been drawn to my attention that the criteria (see post #29) include headsets How can a headset be 8.33-specific?

Administrator

I see that the UK CAA has opened a new (fourth, final?) funding period and will accept applications until 30 September 2018.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

I really admire the UK CAA for this 8.33 effort! most other european CAA competly missed out on this!!!
and all of this despite Brexit lol

fly2000
47 Posts
Sign in to add your message