Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

FF is in Autorouter as an output option on an ithingy, but as mentioned cut-and-paste of the text will also work fine. EasyVFR will export (Garmin format) to FF too via share to another app if for some reason one wants to do that.

One area that will hopefully improve over time in FF is the airfield info. This seems to be in two locations …. the “more” (last) tab and the FBOs button. Under the former, the Operating Hours and Contacts fields tend to mostly be empty. At least for Switzerland, the FBO tab presents the airfield operator info which isn’t really the same as an FBO, but a phone# and email@ are usually present (plus sometimes web@).

LSZK, Switzerland

denopa wrote:

The FPL does have A110 instead of F110.

The Aviation Cloud support has been updated to use the departure airport transition altitude to determine A or F.

KUZA, United States

That was fast!

EGTF, LFTF

I have a question about FF. Is it possible to define an altitude of FL for each leg is it only for the entire trip ?
As far as I can see it is only for the entire trip…. but maybe I missed something.

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

Yes. Just insert the new speed and level after the waypoint where you want to change. For example VABIK N0150F120.

Last Edited by Dave_Phillips at 20 Jun 17:15
Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

Thanks Dave_Philips !

BTW there is an update FF 10.1.1 but I can’t find what has changed/fixed.

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

I checked routing functionality today and it worked pretty much correct for these few routes.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I hope they add routing overhead % in FF that autorouter shows.

ESOW Västerås, Sweden

This little flight plan shows that FL040 is routinely used in airspace with a TL of 6000ft

(FPL-NxxAC-IG
-TB20/L
-SYLDFGOR/S
-EGJA1600
-N0145F040 ROXOG DCT GWC
-EGKA0048 EGKB
-DOF/180622 ORGN/KSTPXAAP RMK/CREW CONTACT +xxxxxxxxxxx TOW:1091 TOC:D4F040T0003 TOD:D98F040T0045 DAL:D106ADEGKA TAXI:5 PBN/B2
-E/0537 P/002 R/VE S/M J/LF D/01 004 C ORANGE A/WHITE BLUE STRIPES C/xxxxxxxx)

and that is how it has been done in Europe “since for ever”. No need to mess with TLs etc.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

And this is why FF needs a feature to avoid whole countries:

This is not just occassional. With 150+ hrs a year I don’t fly “all that much” across Europe but on the majority of my flights involving France I have been shafted by their ATC being on strike. One recent time was solved in a very complicated way by re-filing with a VFR section spanning the strike region but that is complicated even if you have a PC; I also had the help of Achim (one of the two Autorouter programmers) but he has now de facto disappeared so I can’t count on it again and neither could anyone else. The result was still bloody awful, with me being so delayed I had to divert to Biggin Hill despite flying from Cannes at max power, with the result of maybe another £300 spent (taxis etc) plus retrieving the plane.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message