Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Honda Jet (merged thread)

I finally saw one today at Avignon LFMV

Half the posts in this thread are off topic but they were made before I had a “bulk move into a new thread” function, so it would have taken me for ever to shift them.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

what_next wrote:

the most quiet airliner I have ever flown in is the Fokker 100

You must be kidding? That is the noisiest airliner ever. You will have tinnitus after 1 hr in one of the back rows.

I finally saw one today at Avignon LFMV

Last time I was at EDLN, where they are serviced, I saw three. I was also told that one of them is being bought back from it’s owner by Honda. Too many gremlins.

LPFR, Poland

Rwy20 wrote:

the most quiet airliner I have ever flown in is the Fokker 100

Most quite and most noisy at the same time for me is the MD80
First rows – exceptional. Like riding on the tip of a rocket with no noise.
In the back near the engines – like nightmare.

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

Exactly. Have flown many a domestic flight in Italy on Alitalia’s MD8x. Seating makes a huge difference. But all in all, I loved them.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 03 Nov 15:06
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Got to fly a HondaJet today on the right seat. It was the new “Elite” version with extra fuel tank and larger elevator. Here are some loose observations.

• Good comfort front and back. Quiet. With headset on I didn’t hear the engine start up.
  • OK materials in the cabin, funny music system plays loud as in a disco.
  • Lots of automation, for example no light switches. They all come on by themselves at right times. No auto throttle though.
  • Funny taxi with electric nose wheel. Super sensitive, but also comfy after you get the hang of it.
  • Signle point refueling in the fuselage.

From memory: rotated 109kt, climb at 200kt to FL310 in 13 minutes, then asked for a steep descent, we did ~6000 fpm without accelerating thanks to the speedbrake in the tail, next I asked how it feels with one engine, rudder boost function activates with engine set to idle and I could fly straight with little effort (I have no ME rating). Coming in to land at ~140kt, did need a little runway to stop. Pilot says that below 4000ft he starts looking at the numbers.

Overall I really liked it. A bit of a flying iPhone. Very easy.
Only the price… :-)

Last Edited by loco at 04 Jun 12:40
LPFR, Poland

loco wrote:

Coming in to land at ~140kt, did need a little runway to stop

I guess you mean down the ILS at 140, slowing down in the last stage of the approach to V ref.

I think V ref will be in the 110kt area dependent on weight. I’m sure it will float on and on if you are a bit fast.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Yes, that’s right. I meant final descent, not speed over threshold.

LPFR, Poland

loco wrote:

Only the price… :-)

@loco
Is it a lot more pricey than a TBM930 ? I don’t realize

Last Edited by PetitCessnaVoyageur at 04 Jun 20:00

The new Elite is a little over $5M. I guess about twice the operating cost per hour of a TBM. The comfort it offers is uncomparable, but it only does one thing. A to B. No Courchevel and no grass strips for the enthusiast. I’d rather bear the noise and arrive in Mallorca 20 minutes later for half the price, but for those who can afford it – nice toy.

LPFR, Poland
Sign in to add your message