Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

TB20/TB21 - Are the newer GT versions better? (merged)

Thanks tmo – I have merged the two threads into the one you linked to. David has given me a new bulk-merge function

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

ours should soon look like this

Awesome! That looks like close to €100k.

I believe I posted these photoshopped images (of my panel) previously:

Both would be installable with a freelancer, under the AML STC, but a G500 needs a Garmin dealer, and a very good one.

In the interest of the original topic, there is no difference in the ability to do any of this, to a pre-GT or a GT. AFAIK all the AML STCs cover all TB airframe serial numbers.

Socata have a 2×GNS option on their TC but only for airframe serial numbers above 2000 i.e. the GT. I wonder if that covers the W versions?.

Administrator

ususaly the planes in our group do not get older then 15 years, but what would you buy new at the moment in the TRIN class, same space, same costs ?
Thats why it will get the new Cockpit and do another 5-10 years untill the Phantera hybrid is ready…. ;-)
To my knowlage it is around 80k Sfr

Sure; I wasn’t suggesting this is over the top. The TB20 is a great plane with nothing else in that class that is still factory supported with parts, apart from the SR22 and not everybody wants an SR22.

Administrator

I have seen a few pictures of TB20s with a neat set of replacements for the edge on instruments and fuel gauges at the top of the avionics stack. In the dim and distant past when we had a TB20 those gauges were unreliable.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Probably the Moritz gauges

Another obscure company, one of many used by Socata, which has bitten the dust, apparently after ending up on the skids and being bought by a US company

However the capacitive fuel gauges are super accurate. There was no need for the above readouts. There is nothing wrong with the edge meters. I doubt the Moritz module used synchro movements; I am pretty sure they were cheap moving coil movements.

All the Moritz gauges achieve is replacing one almost unserviceable board

(the schematic above was never published in the MM)

with a totally unserviceable module.

Administrator

now she fly’s

https://www.facebook.com/flyatmollis/videos/1573822382657783/

soon transfering back to her myself ;-)

Enjoy EDNY, she should be there tomorrow…

Lucas

Great panel!

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Hi All,

I was about to purchase an SR20 G3 when I came across Peter’s wonderful article on the TB20 and it has opened my mind to an aircraft that I’ve never looked at before or considered flying/purchasing. Having looked around and read a few articles there are a number of advantages over each three and I’ve been offered a 1990 TB-20 std for £75K which I don’t know if it is value for money or not. The engine is over it’s 12 hours and on a N-Reg so couldn’t transfer to G. There seems to be a couple of 20-GTs on the market but asking price is £110+ and a couple of TB-21 GT for £150+.

What is the main differences between the std and GT and is it worth the extra money. Is the Turbo a non – starter? Looking for your advice and guidance really.

Thanks

Billy

Sign in to add your message