Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Any free source of SigWx charts?

1 Post

At first reluctant to post anything as it might be seen as a commercial post and thus first consulting with our webmaster before posting this. Now that there is someone trying to put effort into making this app to show the MSLP charts while there is already something like that availabel for iOS, I thought it would be worlthwile to mention.

The AeroPlus Weather app can be downloaded for free from the Apple AppStore. It is not a demo version, but a free version and thus stays free forever. It provides the above mentioned MSLP charts all in order but without the T+06 and T+18 charts. Some screenshots are found below. We are allowed to include the weather charts where for most the condition was that we provide them free of charge, which we do. There is an option to upgrade, but that is not mandatory at all.

The question for me is not about the MSLP charts, but the Medium or High-Level SIGWX charts. That is a puzzle I have not solved yet. How about a good source for Medium and High-Level SIGWX charts? I have this: http://aviationweather.gov/flightfolder/products?type=sigwx which shows only the next chart (for tomorrow) and the one previous to that. However, it doesn’t always give you the current or previous time-period charts. Does anyone know of a better source? Thanks for any tips.

Last Edited by AeroPlus at 06 Nov 13:45
EDLE, Netherlands
1 Post
Sign in to add your message