Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Is Trump likely to mess with the FAA and its support for non US based N-reg community?

It’s true that the U.K. still has some kind of limited military capability, as do the French. And given the facts, now may be the time for Europeans to figure out what they are going to do to defend themselves, and hopefully not screw it up. Good luck, American charitable interest is waning but there’s plenty of European money 70 years on.

As for American interest in EU civil aviation, I don’t think there will be any change. I agree with Peter that it costs almost nothing to support N-registered aircraft owners around the world.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 11 Nov 19:41

C210_Flyer wrote:

We are actually hoping he is going to eliminate some of those Dumb TFRs that have sprung up all over the country whenever a VIP travels.

The TFRs for the POTUS and other VIPs (including foreign heads of state), are controlled by the Secret Service. They are also FAA regulations and are pretty much independent of who is in the White House. Both George Bush and Obama have not messed with them. I seriously doubt any president would get involved.

Sec. 91.141 Flight restrictions in the proximity of the Presidential and other parties.

No person may operate an aircraft over or in the vicinity of any area to be visited or traveled by the President, the Vice President, or other public figures contrary to the restrictions established by the Administrator and published in a Notice to Airmen (NOTAM).
KUZA, United States

On topic… the first effect of Trump being elected was a new TFR around his NYC residence from SFC to 3000’, with 2 nm radius. It didn’t take long before it was modified twice – to open up the west side of the Hudson River corridor again, and to allow “Aircraft arriving or departing KJFK, KLGA, KEWR, KTEB, KJRA, KJRB, NK39, 6NJ5, 6N5, 07NJ and 6N7 airports”. This is what it looks like now:

He also has his “Mar e Lago” residence in Palm Beach right under the departure corridors of the airport, which he already tried to combat many years ago. (Edit: come to think of it, that’s probably why he wanted to become President. ) Also, there were three waypoints called “DONLD”, “TRUMP” and “UFIRD” (you’re fired) on an approach into Palm Beach, which got renamed several years ago after complaints from pilots. And one residence in Bedminster, New Jersey.

Peter wrote:

OK… back on topic please.

Impressive tangent to this discussion, don’t you think?

Last Edited by Rwy20 at 12 Nov 22:06

None of that is relevant to Europe, however.

The USA sets up restricted zones around this sort of stuff all the time.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

None of that is relevant to Europe, however.

Well then I apologize for trying to come up with something meaningful to write connecting “Trump” and “aviation”. May be relevant to Europeans wanting to do this (in an N-reg or C-reg ;) ):

This guy has an impressive number of videos in his channel.

Last Edited by Rwy20 at 12 Nov 22:44

Rwy20 thank you for posting, I like how they gave you a situational awareness side bar every few minutes.

I also notice it’s an F reg 172, did he fly it over? Another long legged 172? My bad, its a canuck 172, CF-FRV

Last Edited by RobertL18C at 13 Nov 17:28
Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Following complaints, David and I decided to remove all the political postings from this thread.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

David and I decided to remove all the political postings from this thread.

I would change that to some

However, given the question: Is Trump likely to mess with the FAA and its support for non US based N-reg community? I would say no. What he IS likely to mess up, is the ability to easily enter the US with a private little foreign GA aircraft.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

What he IS likely to mess up, is the ability to easily enter the US with a private little foreign GA aircraft.

Pilot and passengers still need to file an eAPIS which includes a manifest of those traveling across the US border, but customs and immigration is based on the individual, not the aircraft registration. Once inside the country, it is of no concern.

Edit: the process is identical for an N number or other registry aircraft entering the US. It matters who is on board. So a US citizen or resident or someone from a country in the Visa waiver program will not have any difficulty entering the US, neither will anyone who has a Visa.

Last Edited by NCYankee at 14 Nov 18:16
KUZA, United States

FYI, here is the current counties permitted in the VISA waiver program:

Citizen or National of VWP Designated Country*
Citizens or nationals of the following countries* are currently eligible to travel to the United States under the VWP, unless citizens of one of these countries are also a national of Iraq, Iran, Syria, or Sudan.

Andorra Hungary Norway
Australia Iceland Portugal
Austria Ireland San Marino
Belgium Italy Singapore
Brunei Japan Slovakia
Chile Latvia Slovenia
Czech Republic Liechtenstein South Korea
Denmark Lithuania Spain
Estonia Luxembourg Sweden
Finland Malta Switzerland
France Monaco Taiwan*
Germany Netherlands United Kingdom**
Greece New Zealand
**To be eligible to travel under the VWP, British citizens must have the unrestricted right of permanent abode in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, and the Isle of Man.

KUZA, United States
Sign in to add your message