Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA La Rochelle Fly-In - May 2013

Good call

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Yes, unfortunately, I think it's the right decision to make. Even if it's flyable (just, for some), the weekend doesn't look good in La Rochelle... You don't really want to be huddled in some bistrot sipping chocolat chaud. Such a pity, this weather!

Bordeaux

We decided to fly to La Rochelle anyways (well, weather depending with the loads of rain forecasted), so if there are any others still planning to be there, let me know. I am not counting on anyone, but La Rochelle seems like a nice French city to visit. Hopefully the rain will not poor down all day or even worse all weekend.

EDLE, Netherlands

It is a very nice place to visit. You will enjoy it.

EGTK Oxford

St Nicholas Hotel has good availability as of now.

I have just booked mine.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Likewise.

(VFR weather permitting) I can offer 1 or 2 seats from Biggin if anyone is interested - my normal flying partner is rather inconsiderately in Hong Kong that weekend, and flying with someone else is much more fun.

EGEO

St Nicholas told me this morning their cancellation policy is to accept the cancellation the previous night, which is a lot better than what they told me last time (which was 2-3 days ahead).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

OK. We are off to La Rochelle tomorrow. In case someone is still going there this weekend, you can track my flight inbound at https://share.delorme.com/SjoerdJanterWelle and please call me Saturday evening on my cell phone (+31 6 42725088). Thanks.

I am flying with 3 passengers, being my wife and 2 daughters and if there is anybody coming, it would be great to share diner together on Saturday night. We are staying in La Maison Du Palmier 23, Place Du Maréchal Foch, La Rochelle, see: http://booking.com/fcc5f534864394213 Their phone number is +33546503196 and it is situated right at the harbor on the north side.

I would really appreciate it if you guys would get in touch for a drink or diner. We are off to Ile d'Yeu and Jersey on Sunday.

Sjoerd Jan [email protected]

EDLE, Netherlands

Is handling required at La Rochelle for VFR/GA ? I may be going on June 2nd or Monday 3rd June as a backup.

No, so long as you are happy to park on grass.

EGTK Oxford
Sign in to add your message