Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA La Rochelle Fly-In - May 2013

Best wishes for a safe and fun fly in. I had thought to make a trip over to join you all, but I can't make a special trip this month, as I have to be back in Germany next month. Consider me there in spirit, and I'll try to make the next one....

Cheers, Jim

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

The wx looks much better.

Unless something else goes wrong, you will be able to get some limited amusement by tracking the flight here. EOBT is 0800 UTC.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Have a great flight everyone - I hope the rest of us can enjoy some pictures from the Fly-In when you get back :)

That is a great interface. Anyone know how you can get similar in Europe if you don't use EuroFPL?

EGTK Oxford

Well, something doesn't seem to work with the tracking. According to the 'Details' Peter is overhead LFBH @ FL133, the map however shows him somewhere over western France....

Ha! Now it says 'arriving', but still at FL133 / 185knts....... Didn't know that LFBH was an 'altiport' ;-)

Tracking sometimes fails. Landed ok 1000z

Administrator

How does it track you? Do radar returns based on Mode S feed back into a euro database of some kind?

Have a good time there. I'm planning to go there next Sunday / Monday but will look forward to any photos people put up during the week.

Eurocontrol provide that interface to B2B customers.

It uses radar data, with the squawk.

There are many ways it can break e.g. transponder code change, leaving CAS, etc.

Administrator

So who turned up?

I would have loved to come but Sunday looks so horrible that I feared I would not have made it back...

3 planes turned up.

Jojo drove up too and took me and my son for a quick tour of the island (really lovely) before she departed to do some work.

The weather was fine for VFR throughout and today is mostly CAVOK between here and the UK, although not over to central Europe.

The French TAFs seem to throw in even more rubbish than the UK ones. One has to look at the actual situation.

It's been a great weekend. The St Nicolas hotel is excellent. I will post some pics later.

We took just 2 hrs airborne time and saw a peak GS of 196kt.

No idea what happened to everybody else.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message