Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Buying a family plane (and performance calculations)

Hmm

• When planning a family holyday, the whole family is involved
  • When planning a family house, the whole family is involved
  • When planning a family boat, the whole family is involved
  • When planning a family aircraft, the whole EuroGA is involved

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

When planning a family house, the whole family is involved

You got that one wrong – ask an estate agent

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

You got that one wrong – ask an estate agent

It’s probably the better parts of the family that’s mostly involved, or at least decides ? The other part is heavily involved in “planning” the family aircraft As far as I’m concerned a single seat, aerobatic homebuilt experimental is the perfect family plane

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

homebuilt

You mean readily homebuilt, or in parts to build it at home? The latter one suits some families perfectly, indeed, but not all

Germany

Capitaine wrote:

There’s 26 AA-5s listed

I rent the one based in EBNM, should you be interested to have flight with me.

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

Finally, I found the aircraft I was looking for :

• Plenty of room and seats
  • Several doors
  • Not too slow
  • Yokes
  • High wing, good visibily
  • Economical (JetA)

The kodiak 900

210kts @58gph
156kts @36gph
1600kgs useful load, 10 seats, flexible load area

3,5 million €.
Most buyers come from SR22 or Barons according to an article.
Launch a Gofundme ?

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 20 Oct 18:54
LFOU, France

Nice plane indeed that Kodiak. I’m not too demanding, I would be happy with the 100. To further reduce cost I’d be happy to create a syndicate with you :) Shall we play the lottery?

Now to quit dreaming for a minute, quoting Capitaine:

A list of the aircraft I looked seriously at buying:
  • Robin DR250 Capitaine – fast and fun, but a bit small for children, pushchair and baggage. Needs hangaring. My dream plane since learning to fly.

Same here, had many DR250 hours back in France and absolutely loved this airplane.
As none was for sale for as long as I remember watching the market, I settled on a 253. I had to compromise on the 3rd wheel, which is obviously at the wrong place. But I won on virtually every other parameter: larger cabin, higher MTOW, more fuel, similar field performance, almost as fast, and cheaper on the used market. For the same budget as a DR250 (or what I think it is), I got the DR253 and a nice panel upgrade on top. Icing on the cake, the bird I ended up buying is equipped with very comfortable custom seats (a plus for traveling), something I have never seen on any other Robin.

Have you guys seen this Mousquetaire on Planecheck? Now we are speaking real money. (For a Jodel, that is.)
https://www.planecheck.com?ent=da&id=53624

Last Edited by etn at 20 Oct 19:58
etn
EDQN, Germany

The Cessna Caravan would also do – a hugely versatile plane, very easy to fly, lands anywhere.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Have you guys seen this Mousquetaire on Planecheck? Now we are speaking real money. (For a Jodel, that is.)

They are rare and special but why not getting Maule for 1/2 that price even in today’s market? it should fit the same mission: grass, altiports, 5 seats (even takes skis & floats) with extra bonus: goes faste including in the soup and no problem getting wet in the air or the ground

Last Edited by Ibra at 20 Oct 21:05
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Jujupilote wrote:

Finally, I found the aircraft I was looking for : Plenty of room and seats Several doors Not too slow Yokes High wing, good visibily Economical (JetA)

The kodiak 900

210kts @58gph
156kts @36gph
1600kgs useful load, 10 seats, flexible load area

3,5 million €.
Most buyers come from SR22 or Barons according to an article.
Launch a Gofundme ?

Love it! 1/100 th of the price and I’m in

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany
Sign in to add your message