Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Depository for off topic / political posts (NO brexit related posts please)

Peter wrote:

But Peter does, and that should be enough.

Timothy, EuroGA is infinitely more democratic that the site you run or used to run. Don’t fall into the trap of personalising mod policies.

I was actually supporting your right to make that decision. Read it again.

Last Edited by Timothy at 22 Sep 16:41
EGKB Biggin Hill

Peter I think you have a much better understanding of what might be damaging to us than anyone else.
I don’t read other aviation forums so if EuroGA gets slagged off somewhere I wouldn’t know it. Also I think if they use a particular thread like this one as a reason they’d probably find another reason if the thread didn’t exist.

The key selling point of EuroGA was always to have a knowledgeable pan-European discussion about a wide range of aviation related topics.

Brexit, being the single most disruptive event in the post-war history of the UK, will affect aviation a lot but also all other walks of life. So it is kinda hard and artificial to try and keep the discussion aviation-related only. On the other hand it might indeed be sensible to close the topic down and reopen it once Brexit has already happened. Nobody knows what exactly is going to happen, least of all Theresa May and her government. The following months are certainly going to be very interesting…

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

I don’t like to delete posts or threads so let’s leave it like that.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Garrett Fisher in his blog was airborne for the 2017 Catalan referendum result, the aim being to take off from a Spanish airport and land later at the same airport, but in an independent Catalonia. A really nice idea. I’d like to do the same thing on 29.03.2019 but 2300Z is an inconvenient time.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

It would cost you more than a few quid to do that here

Administrator

It reminds me of Peter Ustinov’s mother, who filled in a form:
Place of Birth: St Petersburg
Place of Education: Petrograd
Place of Marriage: Leningrad
Place of Residence: St Petersburg

EGKB Biggin Hill

I could do something similar, with street names in Czechoslovakia renamed after 1989. In fact the whole country has been renamed too and there are even some later fashionable versions e.g. “Czechia”.

Administrator

If only the thread title didn’t ban it, we could talk about the future of borders on this isle of ours.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Some reasons posted above.

Administrator

Capitaine wrote:

I’d like to do the same thing on 29.03.2019 but 2300Z is an inconvenient time.

All you need is a plane with enough endurance to last from SS to SR. A HR 100 should be able to stay aloft that long or a Mooney Ovation with Monroy Tanks. With 45% Power and a good autopilot it should not be a problem to take off during service hours and land after re-opening.

On the other hand, this stunt may well be worth talking to some airport which is open all night, they might be willing to accomodate just for the sake of it. If I had the possibility, I’d gladly do it on a one-off basis. Might even make a fun news item for them. Talk to one of the all nighter airports, all they can do is refuse you, but one might not.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
Sign in to add your message