Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Depository for off topic / political posts (NO brexit related posts please)

Very strange how fear of the future brings out certain sides in people who formaly were able to live a normal life and make decisions on actually knowledge and information that were indeed questioned and fact-checked.
Now it is only “industry leaders”, “the global governement”, “the powerful”, “the others”, “the redheads”, etc. who nobody knows or sees, but they run the world to their own gain and everybody who is “enlightened” K N O W S it.

Populism works with the fearful to a frightening effect (pun intended).

Please try to listen to reason and stop infecting your environment with unsustained “information” just to scare them into believing that behind every corner is “the man”.
I know these are trying times and it is comforting to see the malice and the fault in other people, governments, etc., but in reality things happen without a big master plane. They always have, they always will.
We will get through this the way we have for a long time: with common sense and actual science, not fear and the believe of some illuminati-like organization that runs the world.

In the words of Dr. Cox: " ..if you hear hoof beats, you just go ahead and think horsies and not zebras.. "

Austria

ASW22 wrote:

Populism works with the fearful to a frightening effect (pun intended).

Exactly and thank you for highlighting that. The Pandemic will kill you and all of your relatives. Wear a mask, bubbles of 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…….do as we say, it is all advice, until it is not. Hospitals full (No they are not), deaths at record high (No they are not). There is actually no increase in the mortality rate. Office of National Statistics. UK

Note the Reset has bugger all to do with Covid. Have you seen the global poverty? Have you seen the lawlessness of London. Have you seen the peaceful lootsters of Philly? Have you walked the streets of Liverpool. Glasgow, London, Manchester? Have you looked at the destitution caused by our puppeteers saving our NHS and lives?

Earlier I commented that anyone who questions is…..

ASW22 wrote:

Please try to listen to reason and stop infecting your environment with unsustained “information” just to scare them into believing that behind every corner is “the man”.

The CovIdiot, misinformed, as if individuals like you are informed????

Last Edited by BeechBaby at 28 Oct 21:28
Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

The world you want. Fear of the future apparently..

Italy for not wearing a mask

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=nTBT_1603873721

Shopping in Philadelphia

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=k4cIh_1603780461

Peaceful looting and protesting Philadelphia

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=uwyPN_1603880811

The videos of rioting in Rome and Naples have been removed.

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

I await with real interest the Class Act (Litigation), currently being assembled by 4 eminent German lawyers against the global leadership for destroying us all financially in pursuit and knowledge of the Global reset.

The U.K. action against the government continues here.

https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/lockdownlegalchallenge/

Egnm, United Kingdom

Just my random .02

I don’t think the peak of the USA as a superpower is passed.

Military, Cultural, Economical, you name it. And, to add to that, an aviation metric:
I just happened to check the FAA database of US landing sites. Over 19000 entries. Neatly categorized in an xls file. Publicly available to download for everybody. Like it’s the most normal thing ever. That’s superpower stuff. China? Nope. Heck, Germany doesn’t even provide a free AIP ;)

I learned long ago that, like @silvaire pointed out, the president doesn’t matter all that much politically for daily local life. The current one is not really the „uniter“ type and it’s not helping, but it’s mostly entertainment for stupid people. If they are indeed stupid by choice or if there are complex social factors at play I’ll leave for someone else to decide.

I was fortunate to spend a wonderful time in the US growing up, and I can say I liked the 90‘s US more than the homeland security civil liberty cutting stuff that went on since, but, I was never personally affected in any negative way (means nothing, I know).

I’m probably dragging down the age sample on this board a little bit, so my view might be less common here, but I do think many young Europeans prefer the advantages (freedom of movement etc..) that the EU provides.
So far I‘ve worked in Austria, Germany, UK, France and Spain with my EASA license. Great colleagues everywhere. Spent quite some time in Scandinavia as well, Norway and Switzerland are „integrated“ anyway. The EU isn’t
about harmonizing or eliminating a myriad of micro cultural values, it’s about setting a baseline of agreeing on some core human rights, which are then „sold“ by economic freedoms to „pay“ for them. It’s not perfect, never will be, but it’s happening, because for most people that will replace the boomer generation, it makes more sense.

Regarding people losing their sh*t on social media, I recommend watching „The Social Dilemma“.
FB and Co. change your brain. I got rid of it! And many others do so too. I hope pilot forums never degrade to that level.

always learning
LO__, Austria

BeechBaby wrote:

Rioting in almost every European city. It will only get worse. A large % trusted and obeyed but walked directly into the arms of the autocrats.

Well, the protests in Polish cities and towns are against a court ruling about abortion rights, not about COVID. They are, in a larger sense, about “walking into the arms of autocrats”, but history shows that people will forget by the time the next election comes around, or decide that populist handouts are what they want from a government.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

From here

I think the hard truth is Timothy simply says things that most pilots don’t want to hear (but are nonetheless true, however unpalatable these truths are).

I have huge respect for Tim Nathan as an instrument pilot and I think that EuroGA is poorer for the lack of his input. Of course we disagree about some inconsequential things (mostly to do with politics), but few other people in the UK have contributed so generously and effectively to GA safety, to GA de-regulation and to my own knowledge of GNSS instrument navigation.

Tim somehow managed to annoy Peter enough to be kicked out, but if EuroGA was any sort of a democracy, I would vote to welcome him back.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

@Timothy I hope is indeed enjoying his flying – am not sure his efforts on GA de regulation have been rewarded, but appreciate his volunteering.

I must confess am somewhat on the timid side on his views on DIY ILS using GPS, not least because there isn’t a nice ILS category comfortably long bit of tarmac waiting at the end of these practices.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Annoy me? It is not personal; I am here to operate the Guidelines.

Some people breach them stupidly e.g. post something offensive and then when that gets deleted they keep re-posting it by repeatedly pressing Submit (did they expect to be allowed back in if they press Submit 99 times, as a reward for endurance?) while others are more clever about it and sail really close to the wind for a long time. And the really clever ones always make it look like it was a gross injustice.

And those who know Timothy know that he is more clever than most.

I don’t see how anyone can think putting up with this kind of stuff is reasonable.

On EuroGA, and counting significant posters, not spammers etc, only about 1 person per year has been banned. I think that’s a really good record. Of course those 1/year then go on and post derogatory garbage elsewhere about EuroGA and myself, and do all they can to drag out other people with them, but that’s what life is like for anyone with a visible profile in GA. I chose this job so I should not complain.

On EuroGA, we are fortunate that roughly 98% of regular participants have never (that is, since 2012) written anything offensive or problematic. The “fun” is in the other 2%. And it’s been 2% almost since we started; amazingly constant.

And there are lots of different psychologies that play out within that 2%. They can be quite interesting to analyse. One of these is someone who used to post good stuff and then – for reasons which may or may not be clear – decides to switch to a “different mode”. Invariably they are convinced they are invincible – even though they haven’t actually posted something useful for a very long time. Well, on a forum which carries adverts and has to go for max traffic, they would be right.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

RobertL18C wrote:

comfortably long bit of tarmac

I believe it was exactly that issue that caused the problem in the end…

EGLM & EGTN
Sign in to add your message