Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Thank you for making EuroGA a success

Thanks Peter and David – a high quality forum, great set of participants and worth frequent visits

FlyerDavidUK, PPL & IR Instructor
EGBJ, United Kingdom

Impressive figures. Congrats.

Happy only when flying
Sabaudia airstrip LISB, Italy

Congratulation and thank you very much!

United States

Thank you Peter @ David for this “addictive” forum.

YSCB

This is a definitely off topics and old, but I can resist from posting here. Thanks Peter and other to keep this forum way different fron the example below

How Many Forum Members Does it Take to Change a Light Bulb?

1 to change the light bulb then post about it
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could’ve been changed differently
1 to move it to the Lighting folder
2 to argue and then move it to the Electrical folder
7 to point out grammar/spelling errors in post about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue whether it’s a light bulb or lightbulb
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper tern is Lamp
15 know it all who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take the discussion to the lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to discuss the dangers of changing light bulbs without a professional opinion
5 to post a disclaimer that they are not light bulb experts, nor do they play one on TV and that anyone planning on changing their own light bulb should consult a professional
7 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then to post the correct URLs
3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add, “Me too.”
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say, “Didn’t we go through this already a short time ago?”
13 to say, “Do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs.”
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

Last Edited by Peter at 19 Jun 20:51
Last Edited by Michal at 19 Jun 20:35
LKKU, LKTB

Very funny, and thank you for the positive feedback

One could add to that list with some aviation forum specific stuff, but I think everybody who comes to EuroGA has already been to the other sites and seen the antics that go on there.

Actually I have just looked at the stats and we are now at…

40236 Forum Posts

Last Edited by Peter at 19 Jun 21:12
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I think it’s a great achievement that EuroGA has gone on for this long and hasn’t degraded into the usual squabbles.

The only thing I don’t like about web forums is that none of them yet match the functionality of a Usenet newsreader released 20 years ago. Some of this is inherent in the web browser environment. I solved this with a web board I wrote by providing an NNTP interface. So how about NNTP for EuroGA :)

Andreas IOM

Fifteen to twenty years ago I was involved in net based discussion groups that operated at a high level, mainly I think because people who had access at that time tended to be high level people, either involved in web development or being early web users at national laboratories or the like. As time went on, and to my dismay, the popularization of the web that was clearly a very good thing otherwise destroyed those groups and their descendants. EuroGA is the first forum I’ve seen that’s gone in the other direction, and that is wonderful.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 20 Jun 21:09

Very good forum Peter so you should be proud of your achievement.

These types of activities take a huge amount of time (and sometimes quite a bit more dosh than you think) to set up and maintain so my hat is off to you.

Excellent information and a very good core group of enthusiasts.

Nice to have a place where you can learn about technical details but underneath it all, it is also great to know that our main reason for being here is…..we love to fly!!

EGKB Biggin Hill London

Thanks

Yes it does take a fair bit of time. But it’s fun!

Total Forum Posts: 82732

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message