Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Notification of Not Returning to Home Airfield

I suppose they view aircraft in the flightplan system as the official responsibility of the ATC alerting system, with people in the training/routine flight system (which are given a pass on the flightplan requirement) as aircraft still of concern to them. If you file a flightplan and close it you’re out of the system. If you don’t file, go for a coffee at a local uncontrolled field and don’t come back that day then they check out where you are.

EIMH, Ireland

Exactly as Zuutroy says.

If you depart on a flight plan and close the plan at the destination you are known to have arrived safely.

It’s the departure without a flight plan that they are concerned about because they have no idea if you’re coming back but crashed, or you weren’t planning on coming back and have landed safely at your (unknown) destination.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

dublinpilot wrote:

It’s the departure without a flight plan that they are concerned about because they have no idea if you’re coming back but crashed, or you weren’t planning on coming back and have landed safely at your (unknown) destination.
Well… It’s kind of nice that they are concerned but it really is none of their business. It is the responsibility of the PIC to file a flight plan if (s)he wants someone to check on a safe arrival.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Don’t shoot the messenger! I was just answering Zuutoys question about what happened.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

dublinpilot wrote:

Don’t shoot the messenger!

That was certainly no my intention. Apologies if it sounded that way.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

dublinpilot wrote:

Well, that’s what an ELT and 121,5 is for…

I don’t get this booking-in-booking-out thing. Almost as weird as a Flugleiter.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message