Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

FAA-approved doctor in France

10 Posts

On behalf of a friend, does anyone have a contact for an FAA-approved doctor in France? (Class 2)

Preferably near Bordeaux if possible, otherwise will travel…

Medical certificate needs to be revalidated before end of June for a planned 3-week trip.

Thank you – fingers crossed!

Bordeaux

Obviously I don’t know any AME in France but the one I use is at the end of a very simple airline flight from many places. He is in much demand however…

BTW very few people need an FAA Class 2. Private flight needs the Class 3 only. I am not sure what the situation is for instruction (a CFI or CFII – @ncyankee might know) but FAA training in Europe is often a tricky area anyway…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thank you Peter!

Well, this guy only needs an FAA medical for private flying, definitely no instruction. He’s looking to renew his European medical as well, so maybe that’s where the class 2 inadvertently slipped in.

Hopefully someone might know of someone in France, but I’ll pass on the details you gave, just in case.

Bordeaux

+1 for @Peter’s recommendation. He’s directly at STN airport, so really easy to reach.

Peter wrote:

I am not sure what the situation is for instruction (a CFI or CFII – @ncyankee might know) but FAA training in Europe is often a tricky area anyway

Instructors don’t need a medical unless they are acting as PIC or a required crew member, for example as a safety pilot or providing instruction to a non rated pilot. There is an exception for Basic Med. the instructor may act as PIC and as such may be a safety pilot. Basic Med allows a pilot to act as PIC for an aircraft 6000 pounds GW or less, and seating for 6. Flights are limited to a maximum IAS of 250 knots and operation at or below 18000 MSL.

KUZA, United States

Basic Med allows a pilot to act as PIC for an aircraft 6000 pounds GW or less, and seating for 6. Flights are limited to a maximum IAS of 250 knots and operation at or below 18000 MSL.

Only within the US because ICAO requires class 2 medical.

LFPT, LFPN

Sorry, just to keep this firmly on track – Really keen to find the name of someone in France who can do an FAA med. Thanks all!

Bordeaux

Go on the FAA website. All shall be revealed.

STEPHANE CHAPENOIRE 68 RUE DU PALAIS GALLIEN UNKNOWN BORDEAUX UKN 33000 33556510333 France

I used this link I tried already yesterday but did not find any. Turns out you have to enter at least a city in addition to the country.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 30 May 05:59
LFPT, LFPN

Thanks @Aviathor → PM on its way!

And thanks also to @172driver → not sure why pilot hasn’t already done that. I’m just posting on here (without too much background) to help if possible.

Bordeaux
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message