Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Social gathering in western Germany June 29?

thanked them for wasting 6 months of my life and about 10k of my money

Who told you that you have to do a full EASA IR? I thought it was always clear that this would not be feasible given the large number of people affected. The current conversion proposal is very sensible, so sensible that I think that requiring an EASA license for Europe based operators is not necessarily a bad thing. There is nothing wrong with wanting to have European pilots under European oversight. Also if people can easily chicken out, then there is little incentive to fight for sensible European rules.

If they wanted to ban N-regs with the result of European maintenance/STC becoming just like Part 91, I would be all for it

Who told you that you have to do a full EASA IR? I thought it was always clear that this would not be feasible given the large number of people affected

I think we did that one already...

EASA FCL is on the law books. All that is left is how to interpret it, and how to circumvent it.

Obviously, if one thinks that the whole project will fall apart, and they can get their insurer to confirm cover, then nothing needs to be done.

If they wanted to ban N-regs with the result of European maintenance/STC becoming just like Part 91, I would be all for it

Yes but since that will never happen, the whole line of argument that we should have European regulation because we are Europeans (the standard EASA line, and basically your line) is a dead end.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

They (EASA) have indeed picked the most choice location in town, with an endless supply of nice restaurants where to run up expenses.

And they are unhappy with the location, not enough good bars and cafes. They want to move to the other side closer to the central station. They might move into the cathedral. Time to raise more and higher fees.

United Kingdom

Sorry everyone, this is directed to Jason, and I can't figure out how to PM (Peter?).

Jason, I'd be delighted to host you in Bremerhaven tomorrow (though not exclude anyone else who would like to visit too). Though not required, the tower has asked your registration. You are welcomed to text it to me, if you prefer to not post it here. My number: Canada 1 705 330 5315.

When you arrive, you can park right in front of the hangar, the tower is expecting you, and Polar 6 will not be going out tomorrow. Just leave room around the fuel pumps, the OLT Islanders come and go. I will see you pull in.

Cheers, Jim

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

Hi Jim. I just called the tower and gave them my registration. See you around 1100lcl.

EGTK Oxford

I'll be here....

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

There is no PM facility currently.

Some people have put their email in their profile, so you can contact them that way.

Otherwise, I can pass on email addresses.

I was out today, working flat out on the plane before it started to rain

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Great visit to Bremerhaven today. Nice to meet another forum member and have a look around a wonderful DC-3 (although it was about as un-DC-3 as I have ever seen - clean, modern and gleaming).

And actually, a nice town with a redeveloped waterfront where we grabbed lunch. Jim's was far healthier than mine!

And another great German regional airport with modern RNAV approaches...

EGTK Oxford

And another great German regional airport with modern RNAV approaches...

Which is going to be closed and turned into a harbor for the offshore windmill industry...

There are lot of stuff to be in the list "To be watched" or visited whenever someone visit Bremerhaven Airport. As the group has chosen to visit Bremerhaven I m sure you can many guide that can be more helpful.....

Sign in to add your message