Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Social gathering in western Germany June 29?

My home field only opens at 9.00 local. As I have a flight time of about 2 hours I am planning to arrive at Hangelar around 11.00 local on Saturday.

Unfortunately, I can only stay for the day, so I am planning to depart again mid-afternoon.

RXH
EDML - Landshut, Munich / Bavaria

DAR and RXH confirmed (subject to the weather, I presume) at Hangelar for Saturday around 11:00, Who else can we list?

I'll be off the internet for the afternoon, during train travel, but Peter can email me, and I'll receive it....

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

A bit of info for those who need Customs etc:

EDDK Bonn/Cologne

TB20 1400kg MTOW €109 for landing, ILS and 24hrs parking

Add €5 for another 24hrs parking. Not as bad as one might expect!

+49 2203 959990 GA Dept phone.

Fax 3 HRS PNR with all usual details to +49 2203 9599915 (though I suspect you can phone through the details also).

If wx is OK I will do that, Saturday morning, and get a train (or taxi) to Hangelar.

Otherwise I might meet up with Pilot DAR at Bremenhaven on Sunday evening.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Confirmed Saturday

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

The wx for Saturday looks dismal.

The GRAMET site shows it's OK Saturday morning or Sunday Morning, IFR, Shoreham to Cologne/Bonn.

Oddly enough the Sunday plot is completely empty! It's the first time I have ever seen that, but the MSLP chart looks very clean so it's possible.

I tried the old Meteoblue site and the plots come out all black so maybe they pulled the plug on it.

Administrator

Unfortunately I won't be in Holland until Saturday afternoon so sounds like I would miss everything. Hope you have a good time.

EGTK Oxford

So we forget the Friday evening idea? I was quite curious about this Traubenwirt...

I will come driving, the plane is out of order with a leaking fuel pump, and then the meteo looks dismal indeed. Saturday 11:00 (is that local or UTC?) at Hangelar field. How do we know/recognise one another?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

My plan is to depart EGKA 0800 UTC Saturday and I will get to EDDK when I get there. Then I will make my way to Hangelar.

Administrator

I'm in Cologne now, and will head to Hangelar in the late afternoon Friday after my meeting. I'll look for a place for us to get together on Saturday. I'll figure out a way for us to connect, so keep your attention up around the airport.

Jan, if you are around on Friday evening, I would be delighted to sit and chat, but I leave it to you if it's worth your special or early travel. The idea is a Saturday gathering, but early is fine too.

The wx for Saturday looks dismal.

Would that be more dismal than the last week in Germany? Or just regular dismal? It's okay, I know it can be nice here too! :)

See you all on Saturday.....

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada
Sign in to add your message