Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Funny random stuff

OMG that is indeed Dan, with a dodgy moustache! I guess you had a high enough seniority

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

had a high enough seniority

Yes Peter… had. But as you guessed, retirement had me move to the right seat again (when home…).

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

How appropriate for the site in question

Administrator

Finally, it is official

Administrator

If this is not true, I’d recommend the French Army to take legal action against a mr/mrs Crawford. Surely must be one of these darned Brits.

If this is true, could one of our French friends get me one?

EDIT! My deepest apologies to the Brits, Crawford was a Yankee..

Last Edited by aart at 08 Mar 08:08
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Can’t be one of ours there looks to be no bottle opener and no knife to cut the baguette or pain let alone the cheese.🙂

France

Surely only barbarians cut their baguette with a knife, rather than tearing it. And as for cheese, a credit card works well in an emergency.

LFMD, France

Oh no in polite company you cut the baguette with your pen knife so you don’t look greedy. Every Frenchman carries a knife for such a purpose. It can be difficult when travelling abroad.🙂
You don’t know where the credit card has been. Like the boy scouts it’s a matter of always being prepared.
I know several people who carry what looks something similar to a Bowie knife.But that is getting less now as health and safety and political correctness take hold.🙂

France

This ain’t perfect as it only holds one “tire-bouchon”, but could do in an emergency.

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

You don’t know where the credit card has been.

In my wallet! Though since that incident we now carry a Laguiole in the car. I also have a tiny Swiss army knife that is normally in my pocket. It’s smaller than the limit for air travel, but that didn’t stop Nice airport from making up their own rules and confiscating one of its predecessors.

Last Edited by johnh at 08 Mar 10:56
LFMD, France
Sign in to add your message