Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Has Rocketroute hiked prices yet again?!?

Confused by their price indications. According to their webshop (accessed from the ipad app), the price for the full version is now 270 Euros per year! Am I missing something? Didn't they just increase the price from 190 Euros to 240 this spring? On their website, they now show 215 Euros!

Anyway, I don't like this at all. Happens when there is a product for which there is no real alternative on the market (some will say there is, but in truth, there is none which offers the same one-stop shop solution for IFR planning (=route generation) and filing.)

Yet still: The product is far from perfect. The route generation tool could still be improved a lot! And: I couldn't care less about their "inhouse icing and turbulence charts"...things that we all have to pay for somehow (see above).

Also, seems they have messed (once again) with the Aeroplates App, cutting down its functionality! No longer possible to access all available AIPs without buying an additional package for 26 Euros a year. (I am not not talking about things like the german VACs, etc., but freely available AIPs).

Someone can clear up the confusion? Does any RR staff read this forum?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Wait one week and this will be in the AppStore:

EDLE, Netherlands

My first membership was 119 Euro, the next one was 169 Euro and since I have not yet bought a new one. In the meantime I got an email from Blitzplan who apparently lowered their price pretty close to RR level. Maybe I will give them a trial. Overall I really like RR but the key feature is the route generation. For all the other stuff like plates, weather, filing there are other solutions I use in order to stay independent. It would be nice to know what the final price level will be or if the price will again double in two years.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

It is a little bit commercial. Sorry :-) but we created our own smart IFR routing engine and will release it in one week in the AppStore through our flightplan app. Some guys on the PPL/IR forum are beta testing it. It is not perfect yet, but finds near optimal routes, supports level changes enroute, DCTs in route-segments as well as finding Y/Z routes, validates against Eurocontrol and the bests part: the app is free. You pay per flightplan filed approx 45 eurocent. No yearly subscription.

EDLE, Netherlands

Contributions from businesses are welcome so long as the person doesn't conceal the business connection, and contributes generally to the forum - guidelines here

Personally, I wouldn't mind giving it a test too. Currently I use FPP, which works most of the time.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

boscomantico,

I just had a quick check, as far as I can see the price is still Euro 240 (but there is a renewal discount which may explain the slightly lower price you are seeing).

I believe the 26 Euros is for people who have not purchased the Pro package (which is the 240 euro one).

There is no plan to further change the pricing policy. The price increase was linked to unlimited filing (i.e. no more credits).

EGTF

The renewal vs. new member thing makes sense. However, it still says 269.99 if you enter the shop via the Aeroplates app.

No changes to the Aeroplates app re free AIPs?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Happy to clarify from RocketRoute.

Our pricing policy is simple.

We provide completely FREE service for pilots who do not file flight plans often or fly on a budget.

Join and give it a try at www.rocketroute.com

We allow filing 10 plans/mth free and you can plan as many routes as much as you like.

For all other Membership levels we have made the core service UNLIMITED. With unlimited filing, unlimited planning, unlimited briefings.

Private GA Pilots who want an enhanced service have the choice of 2 membership levels:

Standard Membership

For pilots who fly VFR or IFR pilots flying on a budget. It includes everything mentions as Unlimited above, plus Airport Plates (excluding DFS VAC and Pooleys content) and email support. The price of this membership is incredibly good value at less than £50/year.

Pro Membership

For IFR pilots looking for a professional service with the extra back up of telephone and email support. Pro Membership includes our powerful AutoRouter tool which can deliver fuel savings (plus time and hassle savings). The price of this is just £199/year with discounts for renewing members.

Re: Icing and Turbulence

We received this as one of the highest requests from members after we lost access to a public free source a month ago. We listened to our members and prioritised putting the feature back. We have developed these charts from scratch and we hope our members will get good benefit from them.

Re: iPad vs Web Pricing

Our pricing is consistent across both channels (Apple require this as a policy). I have rechecked this evening.

Pricing Policy

We made a survey at the end of 2012 to our Members to understand their needs. Some members said they wanted the service on a budget. For others, they said it was less a price concern. More important was quality of service. For these reasons we took our original rigid pricing structure and turned into 3 flexible packages: FREE, Standard and Pro.

On behalf of RocketRoute we love flight planning, new tech and helping pilots making flying easier.

We speak to hundreds of members directly by phone every week and love the feedback and positive support we receive.

We are happy to clarify any further questions raised. We are also happy to call and speak with any pilots directly to discuss further.

Please call us on:

+44 1273 782130 or

E-mail [email protected].

Happy flying!

At which price level(s) do you offer the Eurocontrol IFR routings?

I mean the proper autorouting, not just access to Eurocontrol's Route Suggest function.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Their autorouting is included I would assume.

EDLE, Netherlands
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message