Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

HNWI (high net worth individuals) accidents

Excellent responses, please keep them coming. Special thanks to @pilot-h and @malibuflyer
I agree with both of your threads. You both mention valid points.

I’ll add another one: Dallach

always learning
LO__, Austria

Malibuflyer wrote:

It‘s the wannabe-rich that make the trouble

Good summary of prejudice against wannabe rich

Perhaps HNWI is not the issue, but celebrity or success in competitive fields is?

Do they feature more prominently in accidents either self flown (the “doctor killer” trope) or pressure on the crew?

Example of the first would be Graham Hill perhaps?

Example of the second is Sala perhaps?

Is it a real feature of risk (and therefore something that needs recognising) or is it an illusion caused by the fact that you have to be wealthy to be in any accident in the first place? (No one on benefits is going to feature in an accident in a Citation!)

Stevie Ray Vaughan in a CFIT helicopter accident in fog at night.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 30 Jan 20:44

Heads of State: Samora Machell of Mozambique. Patrice Lumumba of Congo.
UK Royal: Duke of Kent, WW2 CFIT RAF Sunderland flyingboat Cromarty to Iceland.
Dag Hamerskiold UN Secretary General in the Congo?
All have cover-up conspiracy suggestions.

Last Edited by Maoraigh at 30 Jan 21:26
Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Diane Barrière
Paul-Louis Halley

Paris, France

Glen Miller

EHTE, Netherlands

WHY ?

Yes why indeed. The only statistical significant correlation you are going to find (if at all) is that rhich individuals kill themselves in expensive toys while while the rest kill themselves in cheaper toys.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Maybe. Maybe not. Worse things have been done…

always learning
LO__, Austria

Malibuflyer wrote:

HNWI musicians typically generate significant revenue from royalties from past recordings that also not end with death …

It starts the counter for when the royalties will stop (70 years after death? Something like that?). So, if they die 20 years earlier, that’s 20 years of royalty income lost.

Snoopy wrote:

How can that be? If I have the insurance legally required (EC Regulation EC 785/2004) how can a court mandate I should have had higher insurance retroactively?

The court wouldn’t mandate that you should have had higher insurance. E.g. your insurance coverage is 3 millions. The court sentences you to pay 5 millions, that is the court finds that you are responsible of having caused damages worth 6 millions. Your insurance pays out 3 millions, and you are liable to pay 2 millions, out of your assets, and if those don’t suffice out of all your future earnings beyond the legal survival minimum in your jurisdiction.

ELLX

Some French ones

Lionel Poilane, creator of the Poilane Bread

Thierry Sabine, creator of the Paris Dakar Rallye. The same accident took the life of Daniel Balavoine, who was a (locally) very famous singer songwriter

Boxing champion and Edith Piaf lover Marcel Cerdant

Last Edited by denopa at 31 Jan 17:02
EGTF, LFTF
Sign in to add your message