Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How many Socata Trinidad, Tobago, Tampico drivers hang out at euroga

Isn’t the Meridian a heavier and more expensive version of the JetPROP as much as the TB20 is a heavier and more expensive version of the Piper Arrow?

EuroTB….

EGTK Oxford

Wow lot’s of folks. I will post TB20 tech questions here (and answer where I can), in support of this forum. Regards.

United States

And me – TB20.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Me too
TB 10 based at LOWG

LOWG

Me too.

UK, United Kingdom

TB20

LGMG Megara, Greece

I’m here too. TB10 (shared) at White Waltham.

EGLM & EGTN

You could come up with a female alternate persona and join the user group, I heard something like that about an editor in chief of a large German aviation publication who was very much into the TB20 before he moved up to the SR22

Hahaha…. I almost bumped into “her” at AERO. She was not pretty!

You set up a web proxy for me (so I can fake the IP) and I might try it. I think my writing style might give it away…

Not worth the effort – almost nothing of value to European aviation appears on there these days. The Europeans gradually left over the last decade.

It remains good for digging out obscure part numbers, because Socata don’t want to support TB owners with part numbers, and the distributors (who in the “Socata world view” should be doing that) tend to refuse to do it because it makes them liable when the wrong part gets ordered. The French disti I use (Troyes) would do this only on the basis that they will sell me the ATP CD subscription for about $1000… As it happens, I have the Feb 2006 ATP CD MM+IPC (got it for $20 on Ebay, before the seller got banned) and together with the wiring diagrams up to c. 2005 (which I got from various sources) that is all one needs. Socata have not done any engineering work on TBs since 2005 and all that changes now is the occasional P/N change when something becomes unavailable and somebody at Tarbes has to dig out a replacement part, but you discover that when you order the old P/N, anyway.

Last Edited by Peter at 14 Apr 08:43
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I was banned from their user group in 2008 for upsetting the owner so can’t contact any more of them personally.

You could come up with a female alternate persona and join the user group, I heard something like that about an editor in chief of a large German aviation publication who was very much into the TB20 before he moved up to the SR22…

23 Posts
Sign in to add your message