Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Info on EKRN Bornholm Ronne

Bosco you werent too far off. We might change our destination to Elba just because we have such a short time to put it all together. Im concerned about places to stay considering its such a big holiday. boscomantico wrote:

Denmark is the most wonderful and relaxed flying country in Europe. Nothing like Hungary.

Not to be Nationalistic but I dont Find Hungary to be too bad. The only beef I have is with some of the underutilized major airports keeping GA out because they are run by for Profit foreign corporations that dont want to deal with nickels and dime kind of stuff as for instance Cessna 210s. That plus the fact that the mea is stupidly high near my airport LHTL.

Otherwise no complaints.

KHTO, LHTL

Well, if you are allergic to “funny” aiport bills and high fuel prices, then Elba is probably the worst place to go in Europe…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Elba

€102 for landing and 2 nights’ parking. June 2014.

Avgas was €3.54/litre (including 22% VAT) which made it Europe’s most expensive at the time. But it was a place worth visiting.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Geez, The guy in the Elba booth at Friedrichshafen was so convincing. I really never imagined. To be able to afford those fees I would have to come with 6 on board and then not be able to climb out of their 3000’ runway with a 5% climb gradient.

So now you wonder why I ask all those questions.

Ok We would like to go to Sardinia, Corsica, or some other place nice in Italy that dosent have Ryanair or Wizzair as a destination but has a 4000’ hard runway and interesting sights and as Jan would point out not break the bank. Any suggestions would be very welcome. Thanks

KHTO, LHTL
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message