Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Installing 1 x GNS430W in a G-reg

The STC is here

huv
EKRK, Denmark

The STC to enable LPV is the one we created with the support of PPL-IR and covers pretty much any Part 23 aircraft fitted with a 430W or 530W.
So for the cost of a Minor change to get the 430W installed and a €300 STC to enable LPV and PRNAV, you get the maximum capability.

Last Edited by wigglyamp at 28 Jun 20:32
Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.

Me. At present there are no reasonably priced 8.33 Nav/Com to replace my Narco 12d. And a Garmin. 430 would do it nicely. And as of yet I’ve never been to an airport that doesn’t have an ndb or ILS approach.

I have a 430W (box 2) and can fly LPV approaches with it. I’ll check my STCs but I’d be very surprised if it isn’t approved.

Of course I choose to use the 750 for LPV…

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

What are the STC options?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Who would install a GNS430W without wanting LPV?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Single 430W installation, approved for BRNav is an EASA Minor change, not an STC, even if autopilot coupled, provided it’s coupled in the same manner as a standard VOR/LOC installation. STC is only required if PRNAV or LPV is desired.

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.

Yes – this must be the dumbest question!

But I don’t know the answer.

Somebody (who really should post the Q here ) asked me what is the procedure.

There is no EASA STC, is there?

Where can an installer buy the STC from?

There is some kind of autopilot too.

I know that hundreds or even thousands of GNS430s were installed in G-regs without any AFMS and these cannot therefore fly GPS approaches. Many were done totally off the books. This is not a good solution… I also know the GTNs have all this but that isn’t the Q I have.

I believe there is a 430 already in there but I would assume it was installed off the books like many “old” UK installs.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message