Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Is this an early TB-GT sketch, or something else from later?

Found this in the old Air Touring hangar, in a pile of rubbish

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

That’s neat. Judging from the registration numbers, the sketches are of the Morane Saulnier 180 and 250… which one assumes might have been the early designations for the Caribbean series aircraft?

Hi
The AĆ©rospatiale logo is the later one, used from 1992 to 1999 (when it became EADS).
So I guess it is a preview if the GT series (which came to market around the year 2000 if I remember well)

Cheers

LFNR

The curved roof is clearly the GT.

Administrator

yep, plus the curved fin root

LFNR

…and the wing tips !

EDxx, Germany

I should have made this into a competition

The really interesting thing (to me) is the air inlet for the engine, which is to one side. It looks quite, ahem, fashionable.

Administrator

I think this quite nicely illustrates how retractables are much, much sexier. And I too was reminded of Morane-Saulnier by the MS in those registrations. Tribute to their origin, perhaps?

I remembervhaving seen these sketches a period before the final presentation at le Bourget in 199 …
I also remember seeing them there for the first time, i was sort of disappointed,, because I more or less expected these slicker lines, and more use of carbon or other materials. They had the technique for that in Tarbes, producing all kind of panels for Airbus.

EHLE Lelystad

I’m digging out this old topic.
I unintentionally bumped into the article below, which solves the mystery: the MS180 and MS250 were the diesel projects for the TB10 and the TB20, hence the strange air intake:

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/socata39s-diesel-range-kicks-off-with-petrol-prototype-44904/

Unfortunately these projects were cancelled, obviously…

Last Edited by Alboule at 17 Apr 20:28
LFNR
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message