Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Istanbul

We’re planning a trip to Istanbul late August, followed by 2 weeks in the Cyclades (basing Paros). This will be our first GA trip to Turkey. Any advice on best port of entry with AVGAS on the European side of the Bosporus?

Tököl LHTL

Don‘t know for sure, but from accounts here and elsewhere, I wolf think that it would be easiest to just fly to Corlu LTBU and be done with it (even though it is at least 1.5 hours by car into Istanbul). Landings in Turkey are expensive, so it makes much sense to minimize these.

LTBA (I flew there a long time ago) is now closed and replaced by LTFM. I am almost sure that it is much more expensive than Corlu… I also strongly doubt they have Avgas.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

@kavalye or @duman may know the latest.

I recommend the search box. LTFJ used to be popular for this – see e.g. here.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I would check Bursa LTBR (Yenisehir) – I’ve never landed there but I can ask friends in Turkey to check for me. It’s approximately same distance from Istanbul as Corlu but you can visit Bursa city and spend one day there – it’s really scenic place.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I need to stay on the European side because of insurance—won’t give me the rest of Turkey!

Tököl LHTL

Have you asked for the extra cost of Turkey? It not be much at all.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes, said can’t do it, don’t know why.

Tököl LHTL
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message