Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Jeppesen trip kit or similar required?

Hello,

I have not so far looked into any Jeppesen material, such as trip kits etc. On my previous trips within the area and into neighboring countries (Holland, Belgium, UK), that wasn’t necessary. Now I’m planning my first longer VFR trip (see here: http://www.euroga.org/forums/trips-airports/2683-looking-for-expert-advice-for-european-vfr-trip-planning ) and I’m wondering if I should buy some material before-hand, or if the material I find online during planning and additional material that I may look up as we go, will be enough.

Any advice on this?

Cheers

Patrick

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Generally those trip kits only provide airport diagrams and facilities. If you can find the ones that you want in the AIP (or the details on the airport website for non-AIP airports) then there isn’t much need for it.

I bought one for my first big VFR trip back in the early 2000’s. Never bought another one, and don’t have much need for it. I see from your other thread that you’re using a software package almost as good as EasyVFR Check to see if it has all the charts that you need. If it does, then why bother with the Jepp Trip kit?

EIWT Weston, Ireland

If you have Skydemon, you really don’t need much more for touring in Europe. Aerodrome directories are free from the AIP.
Most countries publish VACs for free, too.

That said, the Jepp MFDVFR trip kits are not too expensive.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message