Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Kannad ELT battery replacement

MichaLSA wrote:

Usually I would suspect any maintenance organization can do this in a matter of minutes. What is the story they don’t want to do that at your place?

They apparently don’t have some certification (?) to do the test bit. And it seems no other shop in the area is interested in such a one-off job for an airplane that’s not already under their care.

EHRD, Netherlands

Outside of the wishful thinking, any idea who can do this in one stop?

Usually I would suspect any maintenance organization can do this in a matter of minutes. What is the story they don’t want to do that at your place?

Germany

Outside of the wishful thinking, any idea who can do this in one stop?

EHRD, Netherlands

When I look at things thought to be ‘normal’ at flying circus below the certified world, I tend to not welcome the wish to let pilots change batteries of emergency equipment.

Germany

An EASA tale of ELT batteries :
https://www.aerovfr.com/2021/08/comment-etrangler-laviation-legere/

They really should add this to pilot privileges or Part66 privileges. Not harder than changing a tire isn’t it ?

LFOU, France

It’s time for our ELT battery, and I purchased one from Aircraft Spruce (i.e. Sandelving). My regular mechanic is apparently not certified to do this, and the only shop in NL I can find will not remove the ELT. So I would have to go to my mechanic to remove the ELT, then take it to this other shop, then take it back to my mechanic for reinstallation. Of course these places are not co-located. And of course this whole thing will cost me 1AMU. Does anyone know a place within reasonable distance of Rotterdam that would do this? Is it possible I could remove the ELT myself (pretty sure I know the answer)?

EHRD, Netherlands

Does anyone know what’s the difference between the S1840509-01 and the S1840510-01 batteries?

Last Edited by AlexTB20 at 25 Oct 19:26
LRIA, Romania

apparently the price has dropped – from 269€ down to 129€ (see my link) – or the lower price is for an “uncertified” one. In 2017 I paid 197€ incl. VAT and freight.

EDxx, Germany

Aha! Well spotted!

Kannad battery kit

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Peter
pls check this store
I changed the batteries on mine in Oct 2017 – very easy to do.

Last Edited by nobbi at 25 Oct 10:26
EDxx, Germany
40 Posts
Sign in to add your message