Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Landing and staying in Kiev for a couple of days

UKKJ has a flying school there so I guess that someone there speaks english. I have send them an email, its weekend so, likely no news from them till monday.

Just to have an idea, how much did you pay for a liter of AvGas?

I am trying to access to the AIP but all links are corrupted.

I will also write to the turkish CAA to clarify the overflying, if I am not mistaken, last time I heard a Turkish Airline communicating with Nicosia radar. Would be much easier to overfly Turkey, it would save at least 1 hour of flight time.

Does anyone has the AvGas prices for Romenia?

Last Edited by lmsl1967 at 16 Jul 11:36
LPSR, Portugal

I would not expect English just because there is a local flight school somewhere. Definately would not always be true over here.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

UKKJ is back in Soviet Union type of airfield. Not sure you can easily find someone that speaks EN over there.
But this is feasible, you just need to ensure to have upfront agreements with the airfield manager.
Also, not sure you can land there outside working hours: Fri, Sat, Sun with limited opening hours.

You would normally pay 45Hrn per liter of avgas around Kiev (UKKJ and UKBC). Also this is typically not organised by the airfield but by a private person.

Send me by private message your viber number and e-mail and I send you the phone number of the person you need in order to get avgas. Also the VFR AIP for UKKJ.

Belgium

By the way, you need to check the status of the grass at UKKJ. I see that you have an arrow. Some years ago, it was indicated for bush planes like Yak51, Maule… I know that someone based a baron over there for some years, but a baron is pretty OK on bumpy grass, not sure for an arrow.

Belgium

My appreciation to all who contributed.

I have reach the conclusion that for Kiev the options I have are very limited or costly. Approaching south it would obliged me to land in Odessa just for immigration and fly a few NM for fuel and again land in an expensive airport in Kiev.

I had no feedback from UKKJ, but seems the risk to damage the Arrow landing gear is a real possibility.

Conclusion: if you want to go to Kiev, get on an airliner.

LPSR, Portugal
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message