Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LFSB - Basel-Mulhouse PIREPS anyone ?

I may be flying in to LFSB – Basel-Mulhouse to inspect an acft there.

It’s been a long time (>15 years) since the last time I’ve been there.

Anyone have any recent experience and PIREPS ?

Thanks !

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

http://www.eddh.de/info/lande_pireps.php?pi_icao=LFSB

Doesn’t look too good……

Rmk.: Five stars are achievable for premium handling.

Last Edited by europaxs at 14 Sep 08:10
EDLE

Kinda what I expected. Would be a shame to fly commercial though …

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

We use Air Service Basel (http://www.airservicebasel.com/index.php?id=3) when we fly there. Certainly not cheap, but excellent service and facilities. Maybe it’s worth inquiring what their charges will be?

EDDS - Stuttgart

A good friend of mine went there last week (SR22) and Air Service Basel handling was in the region of £500.

I was there in May in an SR22 and paid £0 – mind you, I had an emergency diversion to Basel following an Alternator 1 failure whilst IFR and it was out of luck that Air Service Basel was a Cirrus maintenance facility. I think they waived their fees because we ended up spending a bucket load on maintenance with them!

FWIW, I thought Air Service Basel was excellent – their organisation and facilities were very good (hangars are immaculate) plus I thought the huge sliding gate was very cool, although not £500 good. They can arrange to have a hire car waiting at the facility for you and possible to leave it there on your return. Get in touch with them in advance to organise.

EGKB

Morgan wrote:

I thought the huge sliding gate was very cool, although not £500 good.

500£ ? W T F !!!

You can take to WHOLE FAMILY to EuroDisney fro the day for that kind of entertainment !

At any rate, I found a small GAA friendly shop, Flugschule Basel AG, on the other side of the field.

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Michael wrote:

At any rate, I found a small GAA friendly shop, Flugschule Basel AG, on the other side of the field.

Will they do your handling? At what price?

Michael wrote:

You can take to WHOLE FAMILY to EuroDisney fro the day for that kind of entertainment !

Depends on the size of your family Money tends to get wings at Disney!

Last Edited by Aviathor at 14 Sep 13:08
LFPT, LFPN

Any news ? I might go there next week to…

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

I flew to LFSB last November and my experience is a bit funny. I did no big research prior the flight, I just studied the approach plates. Everything went smooth, we landed IFR in VMC and taxied to assigned numbered parking spot. The tower asked us whether we need to refuel, which we needed. Two companies were offered but only one of those offered AVGAS. Few minutes later the fuel truck arrived and we refueled and paid by card with no problems. The fuel truck dissapeared and we were left in the middle of real big apron. No van arrived to collect us. We waited few minutes and than put our backpacks on and walked towards the terminal past the big irons. Than we had to ask someone on the apron for directions to get to the terminal and eventually we found the way out. No one asked us to show any papers or pay something. We dissapeared into the crowd and left the building via French side. One day later we came back to the airport, entered the crew only door (we were the only ones not wearing uniforms there). The guy at security control went through our backpacks as we looked suspiciously without uniforms, found nothing bad and let us go further. There was no desk and no one to pay for the services. Only few minutes were left to our EOBT so we proceeded further to a glass door to apron. This time a van appeared and took us to our little TB-20. We called the ground frequency, obtained departure clearance and flew back home. The invoice came about two months later, the sum was reasonable, around 60EUR if I remember it well. I must say that it was probably the strangest airport I have ever visited. It looks like they are not very well prepared for GA.

LKHK, Czech Republic

Well, I do have a PIREP that resembles @Pytlak ’s on an IR instruction flight.
It is not written anywhere in an “airman” documentation but you should either ask ground to get a shuttle or ask a handling company…

Like Pytlak we founf out the hard way and were even shunned for it.
I did complain and give explanations.
Don’t know if that will change anything…

ELLX (Luxembourg), Luxembourg
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message