Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Line-in mixer

The resistor value is not critical. You could probably use 1k resistors. It’s just that 600 ohms is a fairly common audio impedance. If the device being fed has a high input impedance (say 10k or more) then 1k would be as fine as anything else.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Beer is always a good idea ))) But, seriously, I’ll be in Antwerpen in the middle of June…

EVCA

Peter, regarding diodes, is it not nessesary to protect line-out from reverse current?

EVCA

(in Peter’s place): negative (haha); diodes are about direct current and audio signals are alternating current. The resistors are sufficient to limit currents to acceptable values, even in case of a short circuit.

And I’ll be very happy to welcome you to my native town, keep me posted if you will.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Thank you, Jan, for both explanation and welcoming :) I’ll be back with results…

EVCA

To get rid of doubts I’ve also contacted MHOxygen, as one of devices will be O2D2. It has 1K output impedance. So, I’ve used 60ohm resistor for it and 1K for iPhone/iPad device.
And, of course, heatshrinked :)

Works great.

EVCA

Excellent. What kind of annunciation does the O2D2 give? I didn’t know it had such a feature

Administrator

From manual:

FLOW-FAULT EVENT: Red Light flashing on and off with Hi-Lo audio chime for ~ 2 seconds with every event.

APNEA EVENT: Flashing Amber Light four (4) discrete times with audio beeps once every four (4) seconds until unit detects
a valid inhalation event

Last Edited by pshz at 15 May 07:25
EVCA

OK, but presumably these are the same annunciations which I can already hear anyway even with the headset on. They are loud enough.

Administrator
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message