Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LZBB FIR - aids, recommendations etc (and Skydemon/EuroFPL VFR flight plans being faxed)

1.10.1.1.3 A flight plan shall be submitted prior to operating:
a) any flight or portion thereof to be provided with air traffic control service,
b) any flight crossing the state boundary except VFR flight crossing the state boundary in airspace class G between:
– the Slovak Republic and the Czech Republic or the Slovak Republic and the Republic of Poland or
– the Slovak Republic and the Republic of Austria and the flight is carried out by glider,
c) any flight planned to operate at night, if leaving the vicinity of an aerodrome, except for flights of helicopters of AIR-TRANSPORT EUROPE, spol. s r.o. and Air Department of the Ministry of Interior of the Slovak Republic.
Note: Vicinity of an aerodrome – an aircraft operating in the vicinity of an aerodrome includes but is not limited to aircraft entering or leaving an aerodrome traffic circuit.

1.10.1.1.10 In the flight plan filed for flights to/from abroad intended to be conducted out of controlled airspace, the pilot shall indicate in item 18 FPL an entry/exit significant point of crossing the FIR boundary with estimated elapsed flying time to the boundary from the place of departure. When entering the airspace of the Slovak Republic, the pilot shall adhere to the estimated time of crossing of the FIR boundary according to the flight plan, with an accuracy of +/- 10 minutes. If there are no designated significant
points on FIR boundary VFR flights shall indicate entry/exit point by geographical place or the direction and distance from geographical place depicted on the Aeronautical Chart – ICAO 1 : 500 000.
Example:
EET/LZBB0050 MALBE
EET/MALBE0050
- – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Note: These points are specified for VFR flights: LVIV FIR – LASOT, MALBE, WIEN FIR – DEVIN, KITTSEE, REKLU.
- – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
1.10.1.2 Time of submission
1.10.1.2.1 Flight plan shall be submitted at least 60 minutes before departure (3 hours before departure if IFR flight is subject of ATFM measures) or if submitted during the flight, it shall be submitted at the time which will ensure its receipt by the appropriate ATS unit at least 10 minutes before the aircraft is estimated to reach the intended point of entry into controlled airspace.

1.10.1.3 Place of submission
1.10.1.3.1 A flight plan shall be submitted before departure to a Central Air Traffic Services Reporting Office Bratislava (CARO) or direct to the IFPS (IFR-GAT flights) or during the flight (AFIL) via RTF to appropriate ATS unit.

1.10.1.4.1 Personal submission
In case of personal submission the flight plan form reception will be acknowledged to the submitter. When the flight plan for IFR-GAT flight is submitted the submitter must prearrange with CARO/ manned ARO workstation the way of timely verification whether the flight plan is accepted by IFPS (for example leave the telephone or FAX number, e-mail), any ORM (ACK, MAN, REJ) or more precisely ETFMS/TACT messages received by appropriate CARO/ARO unit where the flight plan was submitted will be kept available.

1.10.1.4.2 Submission of the flight plan by phone
The flight plan submitted by phone shall be addressed to:
a) CARO, TEL number: +421/2/48 57 22 80 or +421/2/43 42 21 02. In case of IFR-GAT flights it is mandatory to verify whether the flight plan is accepted by IFPS by submitter or

1.10.1.4.3 Submission of the flight plan using IBAF terminal
Flight plan may be submitted using self-service IBAF terminal (see para. GEN 3.1.5). In case of IFR-GAT flights is submitter mandatory to wait for verification whether the flight plan was accepted by IFPS (IBAF terminal send acceptation retroactively). Submitter is also able to verify it by telephone. Note: For more information on IBAF terminal see AIC A 4/11.

1.10.1.4.4 Submission by FAX
Flight plan submitted by FAX to CARO (FAX number: +421/2/48 57 22 85 or +421/2/43 42 33 90) must be confirmed by telephone by submitter (TEL number: +421/2/48 57 22 80 or +421/2/43 42 21 02) immediately after submission. Flight plan not confirmed by telephone will not be processed for distribution by CARO personnel.

REMARK: FPLs from Garmin/EuroFPL/SkyDemon etc. will be recieved as a FAX that means pilot has to call CARO to confirm the FPL.
- – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – -

1.10.1.4.6 Any other method of submission of the flight plan must be subject of agreement between aircraft operator and ATS provider (Letové prevádzkové služby Slovenskej republiky, štátny podnik).
- – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
All VFR flights to/from the CTRs shall be carried out only via established entry and exit points unless appropriate ATS unit states otherwise.

LZIB:
DEVÍN 481027N 0165916E
KITTSEE 480459N 0170404E
MODRA 481955N 0171837E
SENEC 481305N 0172423E
STUPAVA 481624N 0170151E
ŠAMORÍN 480055N 0172000E
ZLATÉ KLASY 480708N 0172520E

LZKZ:
ČEČEJOVCE 483547N 0210345E
KEKED 483123N 0211729E
RUDNÍK 484127N 0210026E
RUSKOV 484049N 0212553E
SOKOL 484848N 0211308E

LZPP:
LEOPOLDOV 482629N 0174532E
BRADLO 484047N 0173350E
BECKOV 484727N 0175405E
BOJNÁ 483433N 0180322E

LZSL:
HRONSKÁ BREZNICA 483404N 0185946E
KREMNICA 484223N 0185503E
ĽUBIETOVÁ 484453N 0192149E
VÍGĽAŠ 483321N 0191735E

LZTT:
KEŽMAROK 490807N 0202556E
SPIŠSKÝ ŠTVRTOK 490006N 0202803E
VERNÁR 485504N 0201611E
VÝCHODNÁ 490336N 0195322E

LZZI:
BELUŠA 490344N 0181923E
KYSUCKÝ LIESKOVEC 492019N 0184858E
MAKOV 492212N 0182834E
MAKYTA 491533N 0180936E
RAJEC 490524N 0183813E
STREČNO 491114N 0185146E
Central ATS Reporting Office Bratislava (CARO)
Tel.: +421248572280
Tel.: +421243422102
Fax: +421248572285
e-mail: [email protected]
www: www.lps.sk/IBAF
DOC4444:

Flights outside designated ATS routes:

_INSERT points normally not more than 30 minutes flying time or 370 km (200 NM) apart_, including each point at which a change of speed or level, a change of track, or a change of flight rules is planned.

OR, when required by appropriate ATS authority(ies),

INSERT DCT between successive points unless both points are defined by geographical coordinates or by bearing and distance.
- – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – -

coordinates are legal BUT please, try to file the route with VFR points or ICAO according rules mentioned above :-)

Last Edited by Hunnicat at 20 Jun 08:27
LZIB

@Hunnicat
Could you shed some light on what happened to my fligh plan on Saturday (Aug 26)? I filed it using SkyDemon at 1415Z from LZKC to LHNY (HA-SFK) and took off as planned at 1500Z, with a FIR boundary crossing at 1525Z. When I contacted Bratislava Information (ca. 1510Z) they told me that they did not see my flight plan and asked where I filed it. I told them that I filed using SkyDemon about an hour ago and that the flight plan was delivered to LZIBZPZX (Bratislava CARO). I also told them our routing so that they coordinated with Budapest FIC (and later Kosice APP) for crossing, while looking for the flight plan. A few minutes later they called me back saying that the ARO office received the flight plan, but for some reason they had not distributed it by that time. Also, they relayed the message from the ARO that they advised me to 1) wait for the ACK message and 2) call them before the flight to make sure that the flight plan was there. I acknowledged this on the radio, and thanked the AFISO for his help, especially since this whole ordeal took almost 10 min to sort out and he informed as early as possible that I could proceed even if the flight plan was not found, but I have some questions and serious problems about all this.

- What kind of ACK message should I be waiting for in case of a VFR flight plan? I have submitted 100+ VFR flight plans using different services (homebriefing.hu – Hungarian version of Netbriefing, EuroFPL via SkyDemon, direct AFTN, phone to ARO), but I have never received an ACK message. The closest thing I get is when I use Homebriefing, I get in e-mail the flight plan as redistributed by the ARO manually to all involved units, together with the addresses used for redistribution. But even that is an FPL and not an ACK message. With all other methods (including the phone!) I only ever got confirmation about the submission of the flight plan, but not it’s acceptance. In case of problems with the flight plan, I have received calls or e-mails within minutes or a few hours after filing, but I have never got positive acknowledgement about the acceptance of flight plan. Even you state above that

- Why should I call the ARO about the flight if I submit the plan via EuroFPL (SkyDemon)? I see that you receive it in fax, but still don’t really get the reason for the call. Also, is this information published anywhere officially? I mean your efforts of educating us here on EuroGA are highly appreciated, but it’s still nice to have official reference for such requirements. Especially for the ICAO “level 4” pilot crowd, for whom sorting this out in flight would have been a nightmare. (In fact I know about a case when a Hungarian pilot departed on his flight home within less than 5 minutes after filing. Bratislava Information constantly tried to tell him that this was not OK, but he could not understand anything, so he went on flying until reaching the border and contacted Budapest. That’s when he learned about the reason of the multiple radio calls from Bratislava. No prosecution came out it AFAIK.)

- If SkyDemon / EuroFPL is basically unusable, what tool do you suggest for submitting flight plans originating in Slovakia? IBAF?

Last Edited by JnsV at 27 Aug 23:11
Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

Hello.

If you file a FPL via SkyDemon, EuroFPL or other service using AFTN address KBLIHAEX – the FPL is recieved by FAX!!!

AIP SR ENR 1.10.1.4.4 Submission by FAX
Flight plan submitted by FAX to CARO (FAX number: +421/2/48 5722 85 or +421/2/43 42 33 90) must be confirmed by telephone by submitter (TEL number: +421/2/48 57 22 80 or +421/2/43 42 21 02) immediately after submission. Flight plan not confirmed by telephone will not be processed for distribution by CARO personnel.

Reason: most of these CFSPs like SkyDemon, EuroFPL, RocketRoute etc does not distribute FPLs in accordance with national AIP ENR 1.11 and 1.10, so if they file a FPL, we will recieve it by FAX and we are waiting for confirmation by the pilot. Another reasons are: late filling (5 min before EOBT), lots of coordinates (even the coordinate is for the VFR exit point for example), many mistakes in the FPL (wrong level, missing EET/, direct route without any point) etc.

The way I recommend is to file a FPL via national ARO (not only LZBB, but also other countries, as I know, most of the countries are dealing with the same problem with SkyDemon EuroFPL etc.). Or if you want to use your application, ok use it but if you click “send/file a FPL” – PLEASE!!! before departure contact national ARO to check if the FPL is correct. Easy like that.

LZIB

and if I want to be very strict:

AIP SR ENR 1.10.1.3 Place of submission
1.10.1.3.1 A flight plan shall be submitted before departure to a Central Air Traffic Services Reporting Office Bratislava (CARO) or direct to the IFPS (IFRGAT flights) or during the flight (AFIL) via RTF to appropriate ATS unit.

that means – no SkyDemon :-)

LZIB

I want to just inform the pilots that using apps like SkyDemon is not always clever and in some FIRs they may have a problem with their FPLs. As I know, in EHAA you are not allowed to file a FPL via AFTN from EuroFPL etc.

So – file a FPL and just make a call “…did you recieve my FPL, is my FPL OK?…”

LZIB

Hunnicat wrote:

So – file a FPL and just make a call “…did you recieve my FPL, is my FPL OK?…”

Aehm… that is what one should do in 2017? No way…

Hunnicat wrote:

1.10.1.3.1 A flight plan shall be submitted before departure to a Central Air Traffic Services Reporting Office Bratislava (CARO) or direct to the IFPS (IFRGAT flights) or during the flight (AFIL) via RTF to appropriate ATS unit.

that means – no SkyDemon :-)

The right way is to honor the ENR 1.11 of the Slovakian AIP. The addressing of autorouter is performed according to these rules and not using a ridiculous fax.

and I mentioned it in other topic: if you click on the map on your SkyDemon on point for example “CECEJOVCE” (VFR point LZKZ) application will change it to coordinates (11 character) = not a clever idea :-)

LZIB

achimha wrote:

Aehm… that is what one should do in 2017? No way…

YES cos of some pilots filing s…t in their FPL yes, SkyDemon has to file the FPL via FAX!!!

achimha wrote:

The right way is to honor the ENR 1.11 of the Slovakian AIP. The addressing of autorouter is performed according to these rules and not using a ridiculous fax.

SkyDemon is not certified ARO

LZIB

achimha wrote:

The addressing of autoroute

I am not talking about Autorouter – if you file IFR FPL it goes directly to IFPS and IFPS is responsible for distribution :-)

LZIB

achimha wrote:

you are mixing ENR 1.10 with 1.11 – two different things :-)

LZIB
59 Posts
Sign in to add your message