Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Need new display for Trutrak IIVS autopilot

The LCD display on our otherwise functioning autopilot Trutrak Digiflight IIVS has died. Sometimes it also behaves oddly, but this is likely due to the wiring issues. Does anybody know of a used Trutrak control module or just a display replacement for sale? It doesn’t make sense to replace the entire autopilot because of a faulty display. The aircraft is an experimental-registered CZAW Sportcruiser.

Hello @Markom

I have the same problem, it seems that it was a normal fault for these yellow screens, at first Trutrack replaced them for free with other mazules but no longer does it and charges € 700 to do it, if you find out any solution you tell me At the moment I am not going to repair it because the autopilot works well even if the pantaylla is not visible.
In theory having the spare I think it would be a simple repair pity that Tuetrak does not want to collapse despite being a quality problem if I find it you will find it too.

Spain

Hi there
If you are still having problem with your auto pilot display

For anyone interested, I have found a new perfect replacement for the display for this autopilot.
Backlight function is OK. Display contrast is good and is a transreflective display so it can work in full sun.
Fits just fine, just reverse the standoffs (order = SCREW > washer > plastic standoff > PCB) and put the display against the panel.
chop/ disconnect pin 1 on the connection (backlight aux ctl)
Display is a NMTG-S12232CFYHSGY-10 by Microtips, AVBL from Mouser.
You’ll need either magnification or a microscope to change the LCD over since the flex cable is 1.27mm and quite tight on spacing.

Now it’s working as new πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸŒˆ

Ds
France
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message