Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

CRS after Pilot Owner Maintenance

I have just completed an oil and filter change and fitted new brake pads to the SF260, which I am allowed to do under the EASA Pilot Owner maintenance rules. But then I see that I am supposed to fill in a Pilot Owner Maintenance Certificate of Release to Service (CRS).
Having searched the EASA site until my eyes glazed over with brain fade, I cannot find a template for a CRS. Does anyone have one, or know where one might be found?

Amazing this sort of form is required. Under FAA you just do a logbook entry and sign it, with your license # under the signature.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

And do you really have to send a copy to the Belgium CAA?

I am in EASA land. When I do my 50 hour check I tick through and fill in a 50 Hour check worksheet , then just sign the logbook with some specific wording with my Pilot’s licence number and signature.

This is what my original maintenance organisation told be to do and the second one gave me a similar 50 Hour checklist and are happy with this also.

I do sometimes wonder if these CAMO and other organisations try to “gold plate” things. Why would you have to fill in the form that lionel posts above if you have already ticked through a checklist? Isn’t this just duplication of the same information?

United Kingdom

For gliders in the UK BGA system, we only put big maintenance in the logbook and other stuff go on worksheets. The wording for pilot-owner maintenance is:

Pilot-Owner Certificate of Release to Service (Part M M.A.803, Appendix viii & BGA AMP Leaflet 2-1)
Certifies that the limited pilot-owner maintenance specified, except as otherwise specified, was carried out in accordance with Part M and in respect to that work the aircraft is considered ready for release to service

Then name, signature and license number

Last Edited by Xtophe at 12 Nov 10:29
Nympsfield, United Kingdom

Not sure which country you are from. The UK CAA log book include a CRS statement. I would imagine that most EASA log books are similar.
In a UK log book, there are columns on the left of the page for recording hours. The rest of the left page and the whole of the right is for recording maintenance. If you look at the top of the left/right pages the CRS statement should be recorded there. You will sign in the far column on the right page, signature, pilots license and date.
The last time I had to make up worksheets for a C of A aircraft I used the following CRS statement “Certifies that the work specified except as otherwise specified was carried out in accordance with Part-M and in respect to that work the aircraft is considered ready for release to service”.
If I was you I’d just certify your work in the log books.

Near Luton

@Xtophe, you have been given poor advice. All maintenance work should be recorded in the aircraft’s logbook, including for UK gliders in the BGA CAMO – they are still EASA aircraft and subject rules of EASA. As 146 fixer notes, the CRS statement is already in the logbook.

United Kingdom

Carbon_copy wrote:

All maintenance work should be recorded in the aircraft’s logbook, including for UK gliders in the BGA CAMO – they are still EASA aircraft and subject rules of EASA.

BGA AMP 1-1 local copy disagrees. But I don’t have sufficient knowledge to know who is right or most up-to-date

As 146 fixer notes, the CRS statement is already in the logbook.

I was using an old logbook. I have a new one to transition in the new year and indeed it has the various CRS statements.

Nympsfield, United Kingdom

Xtophe wrote:

BGA AMP 1-1 local copy disagrees. But I don’t have sufficient knowledge to know who is right or most up-to-date

The BGA AMP 1-1 does state (at the end of the first page and beginning of the second page) that for EASA aircraft, a log book maintenance entry must be made within 30 days. For Annex I aircraft it is of course up to the national authorities to decide.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message