Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What is the sleeve and nut on this fuel pipe?

Just in case this helps anybody these are the fittings used.

Intru_Lok_Flareless_Bite_Type_Fittings_pdf local copy

The ferrule is 6 TI2-D – Thanks again to @A_and_C for giving me the part number. It can make a difference when searching on Google to leave a gap between the 6 and the rest if the part number. Also @WilliamF for the Piper Part number.

I still can’t believe the price for a tiny ferrule! If anybody wants to sell me a couple PM me (I’d rather have 4). I have been trying to work out if the high price is due to minimum order quantities so have also been looking for larger quantities just in case

United Kingdom

That is actually a pretty good price. The alternate part number 460-464 comes up as $171 each on controller.com

https://www.controller.com/parts/aircraft-parts-for-sale-parts-search-results?page=1&partnumber=460-464

You could buy the 4, and sell 3 on eBay over a few years for £49.99 each. Looking online it seems many folks have this issue with piper fuel fittings.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

The price I got back for 4 x sleeves was £ 135 !! – the nuts are out of stock. Interesting to compare to plumbing olives at a few pence each!

United Kingdom

How on earth did A&C work that out??

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thank you so much @A_and_C – Very helpful – They seem tricky to get but I’m hunting for them now!

United Kingdom

I suspect that this is a 6T12-D ferrule and a B12D nut the manufacturer is Parker.

The below photo is 3/8 fuel pipe on a Piper PA-28. I am trying to work out what the nut and sleeve are on this pipe and where they can be obtained.

It is not the normal AN819-6D sleeve but perhaps it is the AN818-6D nut? I am told this is a flareless fitting – it certainly looks like it works more like the olive one gets on a plumbing compression fitting. Any information on part numbers or suppliers welcome.

United Kingdom
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message