Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Garmin GTN650 startup problem.

I will do that next update cycle and see what happens.

United States

Have you tried “reinstalling” all of the the databases onto your SD card with fly.garmin?

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi Jacko,
I have version 6.51 which I believe is the latest.

United States

@Desertflyer,

Which main software version does your GTN have?

I vaguely recall seeing similar behaviour on my GTN 650 a year or two ago.

Incidentally, Garmin would like main software updates for a GTN in certified aircraft to be done by a dealer, but since downloading a new SW file and installing it is not significantly more complex than installing database updates, I consider it to be well within the scope of FAR 1.1 preventative maintenance, bearing in mind the FAA’s Coleal interpretation

Last Edited by Jacko at 19 Jan 20:36
Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Our GTN750 does the same if I leave the card in. Just remove the card after the update.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Hi Emir, I think the card is meant to stay in the slot but I will check.

United States

I really don’t know the update procedure for GTN but G1000 behaves like that if you forget to remove NAV SD card from slot.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Hello everyone, I’m new to this forum. I bought a C177B last year with a GTN650. After I updated the database I now get this screen every time I power up, which requires updating the databases on every power up. After I tap “start” it reloads each database and everything works fine. Wondering if anyone had the same problem. I called Garmin tech support and they said to take it to a dealer but I suspect it’s an easy fix.

United States
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message