Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Distance learning course for Part66 TK

arj1 wrote:

Who can install new avionics?

B2 (or appropriately qualified B2L), if this type of avonics is already approved for this aircraft (by TC or STC), or if such installation is covered by CS-STAN; otherwise you need a company with DOA (Part 21J design organisation approval) to design an installation.

Who can perform slide-in replacement of the avionics? Same model? New model, still slide-in?

B2/B2L, or pilot-owner (for aircraft in non-commercial operation owned by a physical person)

Who can peform troubleshooting of the installed avionics and fix them?

Troubleshooting and repairs directly on the aircraft – B2/B2L; more complex repairs requiring removal – an appropriately rated Part-145 maintenance company. Simple troubleshooting and repairs may be performed by pilot-owner.

What about the engine/prop? Who replace the engine (remove, put back in) for the MOH?

B1/B3, including engine and prop overhaul for CS-VLA, but not for CS-23 (for that you need a Part-145 or Part-CAO maintenance organisation). Simple repairs may be performed by pilot-owner.

Who can perform 50hr/100hr checks? Annuals?

B1/B3, but if it includes functional testing of avionics, you also need B2/B2L. Pilot-owner may do 50h checks.
After the annual, you also need an ARC issued, for which you need a B1/B3 with an ARC issuing privilege, or Part-CAO with this privilege, or Part-CAMO

Who can replace a spar as required by an AD?

B1/B3

Who can perform all the necessary tasks to fix the a/c and bring it back to service after a double bird strike (one hits the prop, another hits the wing)

B1/B3, unless the prop requires an overhaul and the aircraft is CS-23 (see above)

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Thanks a lot Ultranomad !
Sorry but it is so complex and good explanations are very rare online. Differences with part91 are subtle.

ARC issuing is an add-on to a B license ? I thought it was the main difference with the A license.

LFOU, France

@Ultranomad, thank you! Really appreciated!

As look at that list, it appears that if go for B1, then you can do all you want, all other Bxx are included?
What about Part 145 – who do they hire? A1?

EGTR

@arj1, no, not quite – look at the regulations above. B1 and B2 are mutually complementary. They can do part of each other’s work, but B1 does not include B2. I have both B1 (B1.2 + L2, to be exact) and B2, so I can do everything, though I prefer the B2 work.

Part-145 organisations can hire all categories – the higher, the better (A < B < C). I don’t know anyone with category A, and it does not make much sense to go for it if you can get a B1 instead, as the exams are the same, just the number of questions per exam is different. Category A for maintenance is like MPL for pilots: you can get it with less time and effort, but the associated privileges are disproportionately small. A bit like driving license restricted to automatic transmission.

@Ultranomad, thank you!

EGTR

Jujupilote wrote:

ARC issuing is an add-on to a B license ? I thought it was the main difference with the A license.

The ARC privilege is a very new afterthought, it only came into being with the latest incarnation of regulations (until then, only a CAMO or a CAA inspector could issue one). To get this privilege here in Czechia, one needs to attend a one-day course, pass a test, and perform an annual inspection and airworthiness review to the satisfaction of a CAA inspector.

Gentlemen,

Has anybody recently attended an EASA Part-66 training/examination for B1/B3 licence?
Could you recommend some good online service for training?

Thanks and good day!

Poland

@raven post moved to existing identical thread.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks!

Poland

Ibra and Guillaume, can you develop what you posted above?
How much homework is required ? Why is it so unrewarding (voluntary FI is quite an investment too) ? What are the typical costs involved ?

Someone mentioned practical experience must be done in a Part 145. Is it going to change with ELA and other EASA reg changes ?

LFOU, France
Sign in to add your message