Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GNS430/540 v5 crosslink interface "cracked"

It hasn't taken long to counter Garmin's unfriendly, monopolistic move of changing the 430/530 crossfill protocol.

Voiceflight has released a software update that restores the product's functionality. I'm not a fan of voice input systems and would rather like something with Bluetooth but it's good to have the functionality back.

They have an iOS app that can read the flight plan to the GNS using a special cable. The uncertified version is $995. I would have no problem connecting that to my GNS...

This sounds like a good reason to go with a GNS box, over a GTN box.

I really would like electronic flight plan loading, which is probably never going to happen on a GTN.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

So far it is not certified.

Peter, have you downloaded the GTN trainer yet. You really need to disabuse yourself of the GNS430W.

KUZA, United States

It is currently possible to load flight plans electronically into the GNS series from Flitestar or EuroFPL using a dedicated programming kit from Garmin that includes a dummy terrain card and programmer.

You have to be at GNS Firmware v3.30 or above. I have been usng it for several years now. It works very well, and sure beats twiddling those knobs for the more complex flight plans. :-)

E

eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message