Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Engine calendar life, where mandatory?

Sounds like a personal problem to me

What I think must certainly be true is that the 12 year overhaul recommendation is based on manufacturer experience, and not derived from any rigorous method that should be presented in the public review period prior to a FAA A.D. If you believe that, then the exact recommendation from the engine manufacturer is relatively unimportant – at least to me.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 09 Feb 17:35

Haha, Achim, i had exactly the same idea ;-))

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 09 Feb 18:30

That assumes that you can get a UK avionics check at UK prices for an aircraft stationed in Germany. That is unfortunately untrue

Why? You can get your avionics check done at other countries as well, as long as they do the testing according German regulations. I have a number of German customers, one even from Munich area. If you are with sufficient aircraft at the same time, it would also be worthwhile for an avionics shop to visit you.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

German regulations? I have a G-reg stationed in Germany, what i need is a UK avionics check for a UK price (+fee, of course) in Germany.

My mistake,

This as well wouldn’t be a problem, you can have that done as well, as long as they follow the UK requirements.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

The problem is that nobody will do it for the UK price here!

The problem is that nobody will do it for the UK price here!

A few postings back you claimed somebody would do it for 1/6 of the standard German price in your case? Now you claim the opposite? If that price were true, I guess it would be black money which is risky in that case due to the paper trail.

No, there is no official Avionics Company who will do it for the UK price. Yes, I have a company who will do it for me, for about 1/6 the price of the typical german company. And I get an invoice too.

What do you mean “if that price were true”? Please explain.

If there is no official avionics company that does it as you say, who does it for you at 1/6the price (i.e. ca. 100-150€) with an invoice? Is it a fake company? Does it involve flying somewhere?

For the Cirrus with GPWS, Stormscope, Skywatch etc … it’s still € 500 … compared to € 2400 I have heard from others. So that’s more 1/5 than 1/6, sorry. >Math was never my strong side.

Address and phone number O/R. Have to check about the invoice when I’m back home. You confused me now. Maybe it was without the last time, not sure now.

Sign in to add your message