Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

First time TB-10 owner (nearly) one year in

The end result looks good! The new material on the interior trim pieces looks to have been done well, I’ve seen other TBs with extremely poor quality work in this area.

Is the paint single stage or is it lacquered? It looks like it has quite a deep gloss so I would guess it has lacquer/clear coat also?

It’s very typical for small businesses to consist of people who are good at technical work but terrible at customer service and management. This is why these situations are so ubiquitous – the technicians at Termikas are probably very good but if they hired a full time professional manager, they would see more satisfied customers and an increase in revenue that would more than cover the extra salary. Many business owners don’t see this unfortunately.

United Kingdom

lenthamen wrote:

Congrats! Greetings from a hangar neighbour (LN-ELG)

Haha! That’s great

IO390 wrote:

Is the paint single stage or is it lacquered? It looks like it has quite a deep gloss so I would guess it has lacquer/clear coat also?

I’m not 100% sure, but it’s definitely not flat. Like you said, there’s a depth to it that frankly surprised me (in a positive way) when I saw it.

IO390 wrote:

the technicians at Termikas are probably very good but if they hired a full time professional manager, they would see more satisfied customers and an increase in revenue that would more than cover the extra salary.

Agreed 100%. I have seen this elsewhere as well. It makes me want to start a shop with a focus on service and good management.

EHRD, Netherlands

it’s definitely become a she
Very elegant paint scheme, and she looks like a brand new bird (but for the dated car like panel outline and its mystical symbols which I had forgotten about )

Wishing you many hours enjoying her, thanks for sharing

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

In the spirit of true full disclosure, here’s the final bill from Termikas with line items:

EHRD, Netherlands

Thank you for sharing. Do you have any more information regarding the “wing rivets and fuel tank repair”?

I saw some mention of a few hundred rivets being replaced. Whilst I can imagine some of the pop rivets used by Socata around the mounting areas of control surfaces working loose and needing replacement, it seems odd to see 11K EUR of work needed with such a short explanation.

Edit: I just went back to the first page and saw that the wing was completely removed! Fair enough…

Last Edited by IO390 at 03 May 22:06
United Kingdom

You mentioned in the other thread you ordered 2 GI275s. Given the depth of your refurb, did you consider some kind of engine monitoring ?

LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

Given the depth of your refurb, did you consider some kind of engine monitoring ?

I can’t speak for @dutch_flyer but having the same basic engine I was faced with the same question. This being a carburetted engine, I decided against it in the end, as the cost is quite substantial. It’s not totally off the radar and I’ll eventually see to get one installed but imho for people with injected engines which need the analyzer for LOP flying, the problem is more pressing.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Jujupilote wrote:

You mentioned in the other thread you ordered 2 GI275s. Given the depth of your refurb, did you consider some kind of engine monitoring ?

Actually yes, one of the GI275’s is for engine monitoring. I’m keeping the vacuum AI, getting an HSI that will also serve as a backup AI, and adding the EIS in my empty slot. While the Garmin is expensive, I also like that it’s primary for the main engine instruments.

Mooney_Driver wrote:

This being a carburetted engine, I decided against it in the end, as the cost is quite substantial

My reasoning is to manage CHT’s, have more reliable engine gauges, and have data for analysis. Right now it feels like I’m blind other than ancient and unreliable gauges.

EHRD, Netherlands
58 Posts
Sign in to add your message