Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Replacement Cessna POH Binder

Dear All,any idea where I could find to purchase a new POH three ring binder…mine is now not big enough for all the supplements and also the binder plastic is cracked…original from 1979…Thks

LGMG, Cyprus

Any decent office supplies store?

Last Edited by tmo at 21 Jan 14:05
tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

I guess the format as well as the spacing between the holes are “custom”, to make sure one can’t buy a replacement from a general office supply store…

If so, Cessna might be your only choice… but if it’s from 1979, they will likely not offer the correct one (cover print!) either by now…

Most people just get on with it…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

There are 2 approaches, both of which I have used

• buy or borrow the “US pitch” hole punch (some avionics shops, which know what “AFMS” is) have these
  • mark up the holes, using an existing punched sheet as a template, and use one punch of a standard 2-punch hole punch to do all the holes individually
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

They do come up on ebay quite a lot.

United Kingdom

Great,Thanks Gents

LGMG, Cyprus

boscomantico wrote:

I guess the format as well as the spacing between the holes are “custom”, to make sure one can’t buy a replacement from a general office supply store…

I don’t think so. Selling binders as “spare parts” must be a very minor business for an aircraft manufacturer and would have the inconvenience that they themselves would have to make or buy non-standard binders, i.e. extra costs. I’d rather think that the three ring binders are some odd USA standard.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

It was meant more as a joke 😁. Of course, they will have no interest in selling these to people who have worn out their originals after 40 years…In any case, the end result is that one can‘t easily get a replacement when one is needed.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

If this is correct, it’s an ANSI standard half letter size three ring binder that could be bought anywhere in the US, including online, in the desired thickness. That is, assuming you don’t need one embossed by Cessna or similarly OEM looking. A Google search on ‘half letter size three ring binder’ gets a number of options to purchase, hopefully some of which ship to Europe.

If it’s ANSI letter size (8.5 × 11) size versus half letter, I could send you one of the tens of the things that somehow end up in the cabinets of my office, unused

Trivia alert: US engineers who once upon a time used to draw lines on vellum and (brace yourself) blueprint drawings on paper know that ANSI 8.5 × 11 inch letter size is officially called A-size. B-size is two of those, C-size is twice B-size and so on. The typical sizes for engineering drawings in my company say pre-1990 were C-size and E-size, the latter ends up being 32 times as big as the Half-A size sheets that per the link seem to be the size used for a Cessna POH.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 23 Jan 03:51
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message