Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How to get A&P FAA license (I have already EASA PART66)

Hi all.
I’m looking for clever way to obtain/convert FAA A&P License.
I’m currently holder of Part66 B1.2/C full group 3.

I know that there is way to sit some exams in EU (France) and get practice proven by FAA A&P however no details…
I’m considering also going to USA for kind of fast training/examination if this is possible to do this by 1-2 weeks there, maybe would be easier…

Any hints?

http://www.Bornholm.Aero
EKRN, Denmark

This is only a hint, I don’t know the details, but maybe it will help in some way.

One of the A&P IAs I work with in the US concurrently runs an aircraft maintenance business in Germany (some of what he does is import/export). He’s had a couple of Germans here in the last few months, with the primary intent of them taking the FAA A&P test locally. Whether he needs to vouch for their experience working under him, meaning its a ‘from nothing’ A&P application, or whether they are doing it on the basis of existing German mechanic licenses I don’t know.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 26 Jan 21:11

There are some previous threads but more so on going in the other direction.

AFAIK there is a cross-credit for the work experience portion (2 years?) but you have to sit the written exams regardless.

I know some A&Ps but those who have EASA66 did the EASA66 later. This and this should be relevant.

I wonder if @Guillaume or @Ultranomad looked at doing the A&P route.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

No, FAA A&P would be too much for me at the moment, I already have too many regulations to remember.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

I’m doing the distance learning Part 66 B3 course right now (almost done).
FAA A&P would be useless for me, so I have no info regarding such conversion.

Peter wrote:

AFAIK there is a cross-credit for the work experience portion (2 years?) but you have to sit the written exams regardless.

I was told toda by FAA A&P that they will require 30month work under FAA A&P supervision… so no really way to do this without killing my current business. As far I will employ any A&P and he will “supervise” me locally in Germany..

http://www.Bornholm.Aero
EKRN, Denmark

Przemek wrote:

I will employ any A&P and he will “supervise” me locally in Germany

Good plan

I may have heard somewhere that it’s under an I/A supervision, not A&P.
plus you have to take the written, for which your EASA rating can count as credit so you don’t have to attend classes.

8 Posts
Sign in to add your message