Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

RAM mount for phone/tablet in a DR400

Seba wrote:

Has anyone tried one of these wedges? https://www.rammount.com/shop-all/ram-tough-wedge/universal-mounts
Once inflated it is for sure stable but I wonder if even the longest arm is long enough once I put this on the left side (center console needs to be accessible).

Very clever idea, and in a car, I don’t see much of a problem, but in a very light aircraft? I’d recommend a lot of care to see where the forces are going.

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

The DR40 that I used fly had an open glove box on each side with lip on the opening. If this is what you have, it would not be too difficult to make something that fitted in this opening that can be fitted and removed without tools. You might even find that Ram do something.

Top Farm, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom

Raiz wrote:

The DR40 that I used fly had an open glove box on each side with lip on the opening. If this is what you have, it would not be too difficult to make something that fitted in this opening that can be fitted and removed without tools. You might even find that Ram do something.

Yeah, some models have that but the ones I usually fly don’t, they are slightly newer ones (early 2000’s).

LFST, France

The DR 400 is a particularly difficult aircraft to put tablet into. In my view a suction cup on the Perspex canopy is a non starter.

The most sensible suggestion is a ball mount attached to a blanking plate on an unused instrument hole.

14 Posts
Sign in to add your message