Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bad news for some Garmin G5 users, SB 22013

Service Bulletin 22013: G5 Backup Battery Discharge

Mandatory: This service bulletin must be complied with no later than February 28, 2023…

Last Edited by Dan at 04 May 13:45
Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Looks like pretty old G5’s. We installed a G5 last spring and its serial number is almost 15,000 units later than the last one in the SB. Provided serial numbers are consecutive, of course.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

Looks like pretty old G5’s

Well, define old…
The one I bought and installed December 2018, S/N 4JQ 014954 is not on the list… But S/N 4JQ 031527, bought and installed December 2019, is affected. Looks like the “old” and the “youngest” ones are not affected… yet.

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Is this for AI versions only? Anyway, my HSI serial is not on the list thankfully.

EIMH, Ireland

zuutroy wrote:

Is this for AI versions only? Anyway, my HSI serial is not on the list thankfully.

There are no separate AI and HSI versions of the G5 unit. The firmware is exactly the same, the only difference between the kits is that the HSI one includes a GMU11 and a GAD29B.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Garmin do seem to suffer from a lot of bugs, which to me suggest that they do a lot less testing than they should. Or they have poor channels for feeding stuff back.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message