Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Hangar One at Teuge

Przemek wrote:

awesome first impression as everything looks super and clean, they get good coffe and frontman is really nice

Absolutely.

Thus I asked here about others’ impressions of Hangar One’s work as I have not dealt with them previously.

Slightly off-topic, there were postings on some thread here that I have been unable to find, where a technical paper was alluded to, regarding the VAT situation of Swiss aircraft having work done in Germany, or vice versa. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

Bluebeard
EIKH, Ireland

Bluebeard wrote:

Slightly off-topic, there were postings on some thread here that I have been unable to find, where a technical paper was alluded to, regarding the VAT situation of Swiss aircraft having work done in Germany

For a Swiss plane wokred on in Germany you have to clear the aircraft for active processing with German customs before the work starts. After the work is completed you have to clear it again with German customs. I think you end paying the German invoice without VAT but then have to declare the work to Swiss customs on entry and pay Swiss VAT and maybe some import charges.

Most small avionics shops will not be able to handle this properly. But big German shops, especially in Southern Germany, will know the procedure. I heard that for example Avionik Straubing does this on a regular basis. But there will be limitations like you can only arrive on customs business hours etc.

I also heard that Swiss customs actually digs through Swiss registered aircraft paperwork for work performed and not declared to them.

What kind of work are you trying to get done and where is the plane based? I have seen too many stories with King Airs or similar based hours away and then the idea came up a few Euro could be saved by using some remote avionics shop. Until somebody asks how much that ferry might cost at 2000 Euro per flight hour ;-)

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Sebastian, it was a purely theoretical interest. Somewhere here in the past I think there was mention of a German person who had written a technical paper about this.

Bluebeard
EIKH, Ireland
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message