Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Is the Avionics business full of sharks and, if so, why, despite labour rates so much lower than your BMW dealer?

wigglyamp

I agree completely, but you have the background & training, a lot of installers don’t. We have the luxury of having the staff to maintain this policy.

Peter

I deliberately avoid mentioning the company for a number of reasons, one of them being I can offer a personal opinion rather than an opinion constrained by commercial restrictions.

I have interacted with many UK avionics firms and wigglyamp was the only installer who actually understood the interconnections. The rest were just wiremen. As a result of the “interaction” I did not go on to use most of them.

But he is now mostly retired.

I have not used A&C’s company though.

I deliberately avoid mentioning the company for a number of reasons, one of them being I can offer a personal opinion rather than an opinion constrained by commercial restrictions.

This is a fair point. I have changed the Guidelines thus:

We want to encourage businesses to participate – because a lot of the time they are the only ones who might have answers. The only conditions are that it is not done covertly (e.g. pretending to be a customer of the firm) and that the poster does genuinely participate in the forum generally.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
42 Posts
Sign in to add your message