Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cessna 177RG Cardinal - Fuel leak and bladder tank

Hello. I’m looking for STC for 177RG Cardinal to put bladder tank inside of original integrated fuel cells, like it’s STC for Mooney aircraft.

Does anyone know where to search it?

http://www.Bornholm.Aero
EKRN, Denmark

I don’t think such STC exists.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Me neither.

Are you a member of Cardinal Flyers association? They have a wealth of Cardinal knowledge and if I were to operate one again I would not do so without them.

Having said that, 177’s are not as leak-prone as Mooneys…we only had one leak in eight years of ownership ranging from arctic to Spanish summer weather other than some seepage on the upper wing access panels with tanks full. The low-adhesion panel sealant had dried out and we had to reseal a couple of them, a relatively straightforward job. You are supposed to do so anyway at least every 1000hrs as you inspect the inside of the tanks.

We did have a leaking rivet on the underside of our similar 210 wing but it was resealed quickly (the shop charged something like five man hours, which included defuelling, removing the upper wing access panel, removing sealant, rebucking the rivet, resealing, reinstalling and resealing the access panel and refuelling) and never leaked again (fingers crossed) since in 7 years.

Perhaps you would like to share more details on your story (pm if rqd) and maybe we can help.

Antonio
LESB, Spain
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message