Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Used HSI, AI troubles and the Dynon Pocket Panel

Aspen recently obtained an Approved Model list from EASA (this would void the need for an individual STC). I have not checked whether your type of plane is on there but it might be worth a look.

Aspen Approved model list

RXH
EDML - Landshut, Munich / Bavaria

But there might be another one coming on the market soon ;-)

Just drop me a line, okay?

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

I have not checked whether your type of plane is on there but it might be worth a look.

Thank you for the list. Virtually every GA aircraft is on it except ours.

This must be because Socata has given up the TC for the ST-10. The reason, I suppose, was the minimal spare parts business. This doesn't make the ST-10 an Annex 2 aircraft, however, but leaves it stranded on this list somewhere in between.

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

You don't need an STC to install something below the level of an EFIS display (horizon and speed and altitude tapes on one screen).

I suggest you speak to a competent EASA Part 21 outfit.

Alternatively you can go N-reg

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You don't need an STC to install something below the level of an EFIS display (horizon and speed and altitude tapes on one screen)

Wouldn't an Aspen qualify for the need to have an STC under that definition ? Or were you referring to the installation of the King HSI?

RXH
EDML - Landshut, Munich / Bavaria

Sorry, yes, I meant the HSI system.

But I would still speak to a part 21 firm (more than one, for obvious reasons). There are ways to do most things...

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message