Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

TB20 fuel tank indicator fault

For anyone interested and to participate.
Here is the circuit for the fuel gauge. The resistance combination left Tank follows (R root + R1) // R extreme = R total.

Berlin, Germany

Paul and Bill Malkasian used to rework fuel senders working intermittently as yours. I reckon the coil is faulty, though it is a delicate job to repair. Testing the resistance with an ohm meter will confirm the fault.
I would check if CIES has produced a compatible sender for Tb20, as they are not only very accurate, they also are a definitive answer to frequently failing resistive senders

Paul and Bill Malkasian used to rework fuel senders working intermittently as yours

Paul passed on in 2015 and although I understand his son said he’d be continuing the business, I’m not sure if that’s the case now.

When installed, it is not so easy to move the float and measure the resistance. Especially where the wire resistor is obviously defective.
Are there other sources to find a sender?

Berlin, Germany

I found this company to replace the TB 20 fuel sender. Can I get help figuring this out here?
Thomas

https://ciescorp.net/applications/small-aircraft/other/

Berlin, Germany

Actual experience from CIES installations on TB20 (IIRC invl hours) can be found on socata.org ;-)

EDM_, Germany

CIES fuel senders

I would still bench test the indicating instrument first, because changing the senders is a pretty big job.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’m looking for removed tank sensors analog to TB 20.
I would like to buy one or two of these.
Maybe someone can help me.
Thomas

Berlin, Germany
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message