Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Skydemon (merged thread)

We have a similar issue in the US. There is a published document called NTAP (Notices to Airmen Publication). When NOTAMs are of long duration, they are published in this document and removed from the on line system. Pilots are supposed to check the NTAP, but most don’t know what it is or have a handy copy. FSS does not brief the NOTAMs in the NTAP unless the pilot specifically requests it. Most pilots are unaware of this fact. It does not make sense in the EFB age of electronics to not provide all NOTAMs to the pilot and those that have defined goe boundaries should be displayed graphically with easy access to the text of the NOTAM.

KUZA, United States

I appreciated the offer Michal, but having volunteers to flag up such things is unsustainable, and takes the pressure off those who would otherwise have the impetus to actually be solving the problem.

I really do sympathise with units who are trying their best to follow the rules and implement this temporary airspace, but if the NOTAM is not permitted to be published to cover the SUP’s actual activation, then a shorter term SUP should be used and refreshed along with its accompanying trigger, or the application for temporary airspace should have been refused on the grounds that the rules did not permit AIS follow their legal obligation to properly inform air users about it; Either way it could have been highlighted that the rules are impractical which could then lead to those rules being examined for a tidy outcome.

As it is, we have a SUP and NOTAM combination that are simply not fit for purpose – the worst part is that from what you are saying, the AIS seem to know this but are not inclined to find a solution.

The solution needs to be conceived and actioned at the source, and if you (or anyone else affected by this) have any contact with the Czech AIS, then please use those contacts to make this kind of problem a high priority for them. Do not let them just wring their hands of it.

Just checked your example with Jepp FD vfr and Garmin Pilot.
While Jepp shows nothing – no Notam and no depiction in the chart, Garmin shows it correctly in the chart and no Notam.
So it looks like Garmin actually is incorporating this information in the database.

It is a Pita that you really can’t rely on whatever source you are using …
If Eurocontrol would really care about aviation safety and spend our tax € in a meaningfull way instead of reinventing the wheel every couple of years (making it more squared) they would provide a single source in a computer readable format free of charge. It has been paid for by the tax payer already.

Last Edited by Sir_Percy at 21 Sep 17:28

After speaking to Skyguide about the frequencies of these corridors, it transpires that they are promulgated in the AIP – just not alongside (or even in the same chapter as) the actual definitions of the airspace polygons.

I have pointed out that this doesn’t make much sense and maybe in future they will come together in a more logical way, although naturally, no promises were made.

For the time being, we have introduced an exception into our chart building process for Switzerland to handle this matter, and this should take effect during the next AIRAC cycle.

Skydemon animation option

There is an open request in the SkyDemon Forum for a logged flight replay animation option here

This paired with a screen capture software would probably simplify a lot of the video discussions I’ve read here in the forum.

So if anybody is using SkyDemon and wants this feature, now’s a chance to get it. Tim is just waiting on demand, as it would be easy to implement. (Read forum entry for details, if you’re interested)

Last Edited by AF at 19 Oct 21:17

You can tell him that EasyVFR already has that feature. I’m sure that will encourage him

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Are these playbacks 100.0000% real time?

I had this Q on Oziexplorer, in my attempts to merge a little moving map inset into a flying movie. Ozi’s programmer claims it isn’t real time, but to make it so is trivially easy because the GPS log has a time stamp on every line.

We did this here before but MOVAVI Screen Capture can do the capture to a video, of anything on the screen (I guess p0rn is their biggest market ).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I think that as it is a feature request, it wouldn’t be unreasonable to ask for a time scale of the playback. (1x real-time, 20x fast, 60x 1min =1sec, etc.)

I haven’t voted on it myself. I’m just bringing it up here for those who have mentioned the hardship of making videos that are as synchronized with external data or videos as this might be helpful. But dually noted about EasyVFR :)

Oh, and 100.000% is pretty precise! I think the clock error on most tablets is more than 1ms, so probably not! :)

Last Edited by AF at 19 Oct 21:40

Skydemon and GDL90

Hello,
anyone has used SD with a GDL90 reciever yet?

would the use of http://www.uavionix.com/products/pingbuddy/ make sence?

thanks

fly2000

Do you mean GDL39?

EGTK Oxford
Sign in to add your message