Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cessna Cardinal pre purchase inspection recommendations

Are there any members who can perform a professional pre-purchase inspection on a F177RG for sale in France, respectively recommend a local mechanic with Cardinal expertise?

Thanks in advance from a potential first-time Cardinal buyer … looking at getting back into aircraft ownership after some years of hiatus.

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

No local recommendation but Keith Peterson from the US does them via video call with reportedly good results. You can reach him via Cardinal Flyers Online or at

Cardinalinspections

EDAQ, Germany

Thank you – I am member of CFO and have posted there too, Keith would support via video, however I am still looking for an European maintenance expert.

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

Look to who will be maintaining it for you.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

blueline wrote:

a local mechanic with Cardinal expertise?

I used to own a 177RG for 8 years and used to be very knowledgeable but am unable to assist professionally at this time. Four items I would raise your attention on are:

• Carrythrough spar, inboard spar rivets and associated AD’s
  • Engine BSI+oil filter inspection
  • NLG mechanism and all gear hoses
  • Stabilizer bracketry

Let me know if you have specific questions.

I know an A&P in France who also owns a 177RG and may be able to assist. I am sending you a PM.

Antonio
LESB, Spain

I know a a mechanic with great reputation that frequently travels around Europe doing pre-buys and AOG work. I can personally vouch for his high standard of work and reliability. I can put in contact if you’re still looking?

United Kingdom
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message