Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Mountain High shipping and taxes

It is not exactly uncommon with companies which work at several locations with one common finansiella office…

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

There is no upper limit on stupidity and inflexibility in the name of “company policy”, too

In my business I never turn down any business The customer may have to pay up front, and not with a credit card…

Even if you are in the Peoples’ Republic of Upper Volta and want to buy some of my stuff, I will be delighted to sell it to you

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Airborne_Again wrote:

finansiella

Aaargh. Silent autocorrect to (grammatically incorrect) Swedish on the phone. Should be “financial”, of course

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Peter wrote:

Different addresses is an indicator of fraud, but it takes just a tiny bit of common sense and instinct to check the customer out… problem is, common sense and instinct are almost impossible to train

I agree on both observations. Obviously, some cultures have a harder time, than others, to figure this out.
I just have to point out again that 30-50 transactions completed (with different shipping address) and no questions asked.

Socata Rallye MS.893E
Portugal

Yep it probably is the system for small companies in France.
They won’t want to faff about checking that the VAT address and the shipping address is the same company, and then explaining to customs about exempt VAT (TVA.) And how someone might be trying to.fiddle the system. It’s all too much bother, especially when French banks have only just got rid of the Quill in favour of the fountain pen.

France
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message